Legion Fixes (Comment Your Opinion!)

Okay, I think that The Legion needs a lot more buffs and changes to be a decent killer, and not some very weak version of The Pig.

First off, I think that the bleed out timer and self mending mechanic is super off-balance. Essentially the bleed out timer takes too long if you’re able to just go off and mend yourself, and it not being able to continue to deplete during a chase. Also, I think that in order to add more pressure to the survivors, the bleed out timer should continue to go down even while you’re mending yourself, but at a decreased rate. Just having it stop completely seems to throw of the killer’s map pressure a tad.

Second, I think that if you deactivate The Frenzy yourself, that there should be a decreased to nonexistent stun. When you’re in a chase and you don’t catch up to a survivor or any other number of situations where you don’t land a hit within the power’s duration, the stun makes sense. However, when you’re chasing on your own, deactivating The Legions’s power yourself should have that reduced penalty because you often loose the survivor in the same manor, making the power seem kind of useless IMO.

I think, however, that all of The Legion’s perks are really well suited for the new killer and loads of situations and I don’t have any complaints. I feel like the locker perk can kind of be a perk that only applies to VERY specific situations and therefore won’t get a lot of use, but I don’t have very many ideas on how to make it better. Let me know what you think!

The Legion has a gratuitous amount of potential but I feel like the different aspects and debuffs of his power in game take away from the overall feel of the killer and the actual gameplay. It seems as though much of the different aspects don’t work in favour of one another and make The Legion feel somewhat unusable/weak.

Comment your opinions so I can a grasp of what others think about this new killer! (Also I hope the DEVS see this and consider some changes to The Legion)

Comments

• kaister901
    kaister901 Member Posts: 64

Yea the bleed out timer is wack. Like I get you want people to not be tunneled down and have a chance to play the game but that totally removes the killer's momentum. Especially with BT being of infinite use.

Which essentially forces the killer to go after another survivor and in a game with usually 1 to 2 gens done before you even get your first hook in. It's really debilitating.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250
    edited November 2018
    Uh guys wrong subforum, this is for ptb feedback, not regular feedback

• PhantomKombat1
    PhantomKombat1 Member Posts: 21

@TheMadDoctor said:

I put it under Balance Feedback

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited November 2018
    The bleed out does not provide enough pressure. For a character that is supposed to be a hit and run type, they suffer when the survivors are spread out. Unlike Spirit they can't mind game as well and even though they slightly redeem themselves when they vault pallets, its completely disregarded when that survivor can still move after you hit them twice. 

This killer needs some major improvements to their base kit so they can stand a chance at high ranks
  • TheMadDoctor

@TheMadDoctor said:

I put it under Balance Feedback

Yeah...not the right one for this, this post is for ptb feedback, it's not supposed to be in balanced feedback.
  • MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@Mc_Harty said:
    The bleed out does not provide enough pressure. For a character that is supposed to be a hit and run type, they suffer when the survivors are spread out. Unlike Spirit they can't mind game as well and even though they slightly redeem themselves when they vault pallets, its completely disregarded when that survivor can still move after you hit them twice. 

This killer needs some major improvements to their base kit so they can stand a chance at high ranks

The frenzy needs a loooonger duration so he can actually go for far off survivors, also increase his TR to 42 metres after he hits somebody during frenzy so he can actually track ppl. I'd make his frenzy after a hit increase by 400% but it decreases for each survivor put in deep wound state. This way he could zip around like crazy and be this constant threat while still being pretty loopable due to his 110% ms

• Joe5566
    Joe5566 Member Posts: 20

The thing I hate most about is killer is that survivors don't need to heal. I would love to see something like when he hits them while they are injured the timer goes faster or the bar is halfway depleted .

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Give him 115% speed at least

• TheMadDoctor

@PhantomKombat1 if you want your feedback heard, you need to put it in PTB Feedback, you put it in balanced feedback.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873
    edited November 2018

Given the mission statement for what Legion is supposed to play like, I think the following 4 changes are in order.

1. After applying deep wounds to a survivor, the ability shouldn't just be recharged. It should be overcharged. One of the biggest problem imho is that after stabbing a survivor you don't realistically have time to hunt down and stab a second survivor unless they are very close. I think with each successful application of deep wounds the ability timer should last longer. For instance, 1st survivor stabbed gives 125% ability duration, 2nd survivor stabbed gives 150% ability duration, etc. This way the killer can actually do what he is intended to do and chase down and wound multiple survivors.
    2. Mend should take longer. This whole thing is pointless if the first survivor is mended, healed, and back to working on generators before the killer has finished stabbing all the survivors during a frenzy.
    3. When vaulting pallets or windows while in frenzy there should be a mini bamboozle type effect blocking a survivor from vaulting for 3 seconds. I've seen video where survivors bounce back and forth while the killer is doing the same.
    4. Keep his run speed at 110%, but reduce his hit box to the same size as a survivor. This would make it so the killer could catch up to survivors at the same rate running around obstacles as running in a straight line. If that proves to be too much then his hitbox could be somewhere in between a survivor and normal killer.
    Post edited by Dreamnomad on
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited November 2018
    It would help pressure and flow if mend took some fraction of the bar to complete, so that if a survivor lets it drop to far no mending will succeed and interruptions penalize poor judgement. 
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    First point - Completely unfair if the mend bar continues to go down. The killer would only have to 1 hit the survivor then wait him out in a chase no matter how good the survivor played. Also that first hit from Legion can't be avoided. Plus if people couldn't mend before it depleted you run theisk of having a killer who's too good at slugging.

Second point - a non-existant stun would be broken.

- Get first hit with Legion
    - survivor runs, drops pallet
    - vault over pallet, cancel frenzy, immediately M1 the survivor to down them.

Can you see now why the stun exists? It's to counter legion being able to catch up to survivors so easily.
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    edited November 2018

@PhantomKombat1 said:
    Okay, I think that The Legion needs a lot more buffs and changes to be a decent killer, and not some very weak version of The Pig.

First off, I think that the bleed out timer and self mending mechanic is super off-balance. Essentially the bleed out timer takes too long if you’re able to just go off and mend yourself, and it not being able to continue to deplete during a chase. Also, I think that in order to add more pressure to the survivors, the bleed out timer should continue to go down even while you’re mending yourself, but at a decreased rate. Just having it stop completely seems to throw of the killer’s map pressure a tad.

Second, I think that if you deactivate The Frenzy yourself, that there should be a decreased to nonexistent stun. When you’re in a chase and you don’t catch up to a survivor or any other number of situations where you don’t land a hit within the power’s duration, the stun makes sense. However, when you’re chasing on your own, deactivating The Legions’s power yourself should have that reduced penalty because you often loose the survivor in the same manor, making the power seem kind of useless IMO.

I think, however, that all of The Legion’s perks are really well suited for the new killer and loads of situations and I don’t have any complaints. I feel like the locker perk can kind of be a perk that only applies to VERY specific situations and therefore won’t get a lot of use, but I don’t have very many ideas on how to make it better. Let me know what you think!

The Legion has a gratuitous amount of potential but I feel like the different aspects and debuffs of his power in game take away from the overall feel of the killer and the actual gameplay. It seems as though much of the different aspects don’t work in favour of one another and make The Legion feel somewhat unusable/weak.

Comment your opinions so I can a grasp of what others think about this new killer! (Also I hope the DEVS see this and consider some changes to The Legion)

1. Yes, bleed out is to long, especially since it stops during chases and when you "mend". Mending should be considered "healing" with all resulting effects (NC, Sloppy, Caulthro, Bot Kno, etc.).
      1.1 BT should stay the way it was before and not be changed to "deep wounds".
    2. Deactivating Frenzy should not reset the Frenzy bar completely and it should lessen the stun.
    3. Give Legion a NORMAL size TR, not that 24m crap. A reduced TR is hindering his core kit power, which is completely contradicting.
    4. Make insta down abilities work while in Frenzy. Either down the person or at least make it take double or even triple the amount of the bleed out bar.

And I grab that from another thread as my #5.

@Nickenzie said:

Frenzy should be able to down injured survivors but not down survivors who are in the deep wound status effect. This would encourage survivors to heal to the healthy state instead of running around injured.

1. Hiding scratchmarks while in Frenzy is already a bad move, but at least they should reappear if Frenzy ends.
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

what if the downsides to legions power only worked on the most recently hit survivor, instead of any with deep wounds applied, so that legion can keep chaining hits multiple times and not just the first 4? i think that would be a very cool way to balance the killer, making him able to do a lot of damage very quickly if the survivors are grouped, but weak if they split up.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

We already have a killer that is weak if people split up but strong if they are grouped.
    Guess what? That one is a low tier (garbage) killer. :P

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@Wolf74 said:
    We already have a killer that is weak if people split up but strong if they are grouped.
    Guess what? That one is a low tier (garbage) killer. :P

yes, but unlike LF he'd actually be able to chase!

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Honestly the bleed out timer needs to continue to go down while they are mending their wounds. It also needs to go down faster every time they are hit.