RPD needs to be reworked

DNM
DNM Member Posts: 59

Alright so after playing this map as both survivor and killer a few times...this map desperately needs a rework it's either hard to find gens or hard to find survivors I don't think BHVR has ever downsized a map but something has to be done with these big maps imo maps like Dead Dawg Saloon are the perfect type of map for both sides we need more maps like it

Comments

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456

According to the latest leaks (which includes the dredge), the RPD will have 3 different versions, probably with certain parts closed and reduced in size.

But for me it doesn't matter, I have nothing against the map (i like as survivor). It's great with certain killers like the pig too.

• DNM

That'd be great hope it's true! understand but for someone who isn't great at learning maps that map is a nightmare

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    R1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,731

Agreed. I hate when people try and defend this map. Like no, the map is just bad.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

It needs to be deleted. No matter what changes you make to it, it won't ever fit in DbD, it wasn't made for DbD

• DNM

I think the map looks nice and all I don't want it to be deleted just wanted it to be shrunk honestly or something

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

I have no clue what the heck everyone has against this map.

It can literally be 'fixed' with two tiny changes:

1.) Add a fallen 'I beam' to the forward lobby. It will rest between the two flanking upper walkways and act as a bridge between the two sides for the second floor at the front of the map.

2.) There is a long 'crawlspace' hallway in the back (Between basement on the 'left' side and the interrogation room on the 'right' side to conjoin the two sides in the back on the first floor.

This will take minimal effort and will effectively shrink the map's relative distance without cutting it into two tiny maps or causing a lot of smaller issues. RPD gets to stay faithful to the original with a couple of minor tweaks and the map is made smaller, much more easy to manage for all players involved.