We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

There should not be a "distinct" reward for Prestige 3 when the new Prestige system hits

Gibberish
Gibberish Member Posts: 1,062
edited May 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

https://news.deadbydaylight.com/en/news/Prestige_Progression

"Each prestige level 3 character on your account at the time of the update will receive a distinct reward, with specifics to be unveiled a little further down the line."

I strongly feel this should NOT be done.

There should absolutley not be any kind of "distinct" or exclusive reward, like the old Legacy Prestige.

And I'm saying this as somebody who has the majority of the game's total roster at Prestige 3.

Time-limited stuff is dumb. Players should not be punished for simply not having enough playtime invested than others, which is exactly what this would do.

Give Bloodpoints, give Irishards, whatever, but dont give any kind of exclusive content.

Comments

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I agree. We've had to endure years of "how do I get legacy" and the debacles around lost exclusives that they refuse to reinstate.

As someone who has every killer P3ed, I don't think there should be a unique reward, it should be sheerly bloodpoints, shards or auric cells.

Most of all, it should not be charms, because then it's BOTH an exclusive cosmetic people will nag about for years AND an absolutely pitiful reward.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,062

If the reward is something exclusive, then it's something they have permanently missed out on just for simply not having as much play time as other people. Losing out on something is a punishment.

Permanently missable stuff is dumb.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,881

as long as it's just a cosmetic I don't care. If it is something that affects gameplay then I agree with you

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

I feel like this shouldn't be viewed as a punishment of players who didn't prestige, but more so a reward for those who did prestige. If it were the other way around, it would punish those who prestiged and reward those who didn't prestige. It just comes down to perspective and how you want to view it.

For the players who in good faith started prestiging characters hoping one day it would mean something, it would be nice to be rewarded for doing so. Those players have lost plenty of bp in add-ons, perks, and offerings that would be nice to be compensated in some way for the hard work, considering that the new system already will be rewarding those who didn't prestige their characters.

I do agree though it would be nice to receive something like iri shards as the reward. I don't necessarily want a cosmetic reward because it most likely will just be sitting on my character and never used. Honestly, getting an iri shard bonus and a ######### charm that shows how many prestige characters you had would be good enough for me. I just want a small pat on the back, that's all.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Rewarding some people with bonus cosmetics because they have been loyal regular users is not “punishing” other people who haven’t played as much. Nobody is losing anything, the absolute worst thing that happens is a player’s inventory stays exactly the same as before the change, there’s no punishment.

One person’s gain is not another person’s punishment, it’s not a zero sum scenario or a competition.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

Exactly that. It's a price loyal costumers get for playing and investing time nothing more.

I really hate how people think if someone does something and gets a reward that's a punishment for the other people for me that doesn't make sense. I haven't played early enough to get legacy cosmetics and I am totally fine with it when I see a surv with these cosmetics I think : nice a veteran. Many games have stuff like that especially games that are around for some time. In wow I have two dozen of items stored at my vault that you can't get anymore and it's always nice to rumage around and remember old stuff with friends.

It is still plenty of time to p3 your mains and I think you don't lose anything if you don't get an outfit for a char you don't play. Plus let's be real the real cool stuff will only come for original chars anyway because do you really think Nancy or Quentin will get an outfit?

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

How is it punishing? Some people have beaten the grind and spent hours doing that, let them have their rewards ffs

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I'm fine with it, same with Legacy I just don't agree on it punishing newer players.

That being said, wish it was a little closer to legacy, like 1 per prestige, or at least dropped to P2.

Dunno about anyone else but I've got a few P2 mains I didnt care for the last piece, and have TONS of stuff on I'd hate to lose. It'd be different if it wasnt stuff like event cakes and moonlight offerings.

I do get why It wouldn't make much sense for P1 considering there really wont be a grind difference there

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

I feel this is the opposite. Players are being rewarded for having more playtime invested than others. That seems like a good thing especially since any rework of Prestige, by its very nature, potentially puts all that work to waste. Players who put in that effort should get something for their trouble.