Ideas for a dead hard rework (nerf?)

Options
Yatol
Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
edited May 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Idea #1

when a survivor is injured, if they use the prompt for the perk they gain a speed increase similar to sprint burst but they gain the broken status effect.

Idea # 2

instead of being a dash, when used, dead hard grants the endurance status effect but instead of being used its automatic

Comments

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601
    Options

I've been thinking a lot about ways to modify this perk, too. Ultimately, I think the issue primarily lies in the dual-value of the ability to use dead hard for distance AND to prolong a chase by saving it for activation at a critical juncture (swing near a palette).

As it stands currently, it's also a perk with such a reflexive value window that it complicates the process of properly validating hits when interacting with dead hard. I think whatever incoming rework targets dead hard will be best served by making its value relevant beyond the span of a killer's lunge.

To your ideas:

1) Certainly an interesting idea, having it incur multiple status effects for use (and thematically, it makes sense - pushing oneself despite injures to exacerbate them) but I wonder about whether it targets the ways in which dead hard is at its most powerful. If the survivor incurs the broken status effect and the exhausted status effect simultaneously, there's a peculiar mix of incentives at play that I think do more to conflict with themselves than create a clear image of what should happen next:

* A killer is more likely to remain committed to a chase if they know the survivor is exhausted. Dropping chase means the survivor will immediately begin recharging their dead hard again.

* A killer is less likely to remain committed to a chase if they know the survivor is broken. They know the survivor will remain injured and can potentially be caught out while injured.

* A survivor who brings dead hard is less likely to play safe while injured, as they have a chance at evading a hit while injured. Broken in this case is not as likely to feel punitive to them as healing is not as urgent.

2) This, if I understand correctly, would remove all risk from dead hard and make it even more powerful than it currently is - making it a literal third health state, something that it's already accused of being in its current state. Imagine how the nemesis mains would feel having to hit survivors four times!