Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Game randomly freezing/being frozen in place

maxtrashpng
maxtrashpng Member Posts: 1
edited May 2022 in Bug Reporting

Platform: PC

Almost any time a perk goes off that is active for everyone (example: No-ed, Devour hope, any boons) my game almost always freezes for a few seconds and I can't do anything til it unfreezes.

To add on to that, ever since the recent Haddonfield update was released, this bug has only gotten worse for me since now if my game freezes and I'm in the middle of an action (example: going to pick up pinhead box, opening a chest, stuck in the being healed animation even though the heal is done, even the exit gates being powered from me finishing a generator has frozen me in place to where I cannot do anything but wait for the killer to find me and hit me, which is the only thing that fixes it, or disconnect.

Example of how it happens: Game plays as normal, will be going to do literally ANY normal action, game freezes for a few seconds and I become stuck in place.

Game freezing has something I have just come to terms with, and I know at this point it is not a problem on my end. But now having a chance of getting frozen in place for literally just playing the game, is incredibly annoying.

• Character played - Any survivor, haven't been frozen in place with killer before.
  • Perks played - It's happened with any perks I run, but most of the time I have Dead Hard, Iron Will, Borrowed time, and I'll usually switch out the fourth for something random. But again, it has happened when I'm running any type of perk, not just those 3.
  • Map - Has happened on most if not all maps.
  • Frequency of the issue - Almost every time I play. Not every game, but at least once or twice per playing session.

In the video I'm (hopefully) attaching, the game had been playing completely normal til I went to get the pinhead box, once I went to go pick it up my game froze for 3 seconds or so, then I was stuck in place. No one could pick up the box, not even the killer. I'm not sure if the killer couldn't hit me, or if they were just trying to get the puzzle box for most of the time I was stuck. I finally got unstuck only after the killer injured me.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated