Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dredge x Sadako

Elan
Elan Member Posts: 83

I’m wondering how the devs decide how to balance new killer. Dredge is atm just a better version of Sadako with mostly similar power however much better designed. Why Sadako had 100s cooldown on TV but Dredge has just few seconds? Why locking locker is one time but survivors can continuously switch off every TV? If survivor locks locker and dredge TV there they are grabbed. If Sadako to on survivor she gets one condemned stack that does nothing. Literally survivor can ignore passive condemned for entire game and still not be moriable without any attempt to remove condemned.

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

I think TVs have a large cooldown because you get a stack of condemned when near a tv she teleported to. if they had no cooldown you could basically force a condemn,

then again I would like her to have no cooldown on teleport.

maybe make it so you gain a full condemn stack when very close to a tv but only half when on the outer edge of the tv range.

who knows

she still has no chase power even with that

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    edited May 2022

I wish people would stop saying Sadako and Dredge Rae the same killer, the only thing they have in common is the broad statement that they both teleport. To put it in context, for months people were likewise saying Sadako is a “weaker Wraith”. So what, does that mean Dredge is a “stronger Wraith”?

None of those three killers are the same beyond some broad similarity in their kit. Dredge obviously isn’t Wraith, Sadako isn’t either of them. If you try and play any of them like you another then you’re probably going to run into problems.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

They both teleport to objects around the map. Except dredge's objects and teleport are far less restrictive. The comparison is an obvious one.

The wraith/sadako comparison was always dumb. It ignores the more important part of wraith's kit: his increased speed and the attendant lunge.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Right, they both teleport. ... and that's the extent of the similarity.