The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why you don't give hatch as killer?

2»

Comments

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    edited May 2022

Killers and survivors have RIFT or daily challenges that require them to do things that seem cruel. It is hard to know the player's intent.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,489

So then killers don't deserve respect and survivors should teabag and flaslight click at every single pallet how that sounds? Not good so I hope survivors won't think like you.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I'll give you hatch when I play hatch-giver, but usually I'm playing killer, so I kill.

• Deathstroke
    edited May 2022

Every game I doubt that and I have killers who bleed me on the ground and close the hatch front of me. Well I just think those people have some issues in their life and hopefully they can get help.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,512

I do.

Often if i am too good i let some escape. Don´t happen to me as surv as often when the mighty MMR sends a god killer.

But like some said, if they are bming or annoying in any way i also don´t.

• Deathstroke

I wouldn't like that. It's only fine if killer is toxic first. But what is the point even playing then if everyone is terrrible to each other?

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

Pretty sure you've just been unlucky. If I get all 4 bbq stacks VERY early in a match I play way less stressed. If I'm still getting easy downs and kills I'll feel merciful and give the cuter survivor a free escape or if I am given a gift. Freedom isnt cheap ya know?

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

We're killers.

I'll give Quentin a free escape if he isn't obnoxious because as survivor I main Quentin. If I wreck them I might give the last hatch if they weren't obnoxious. The rule has become no mercy thanks to the other survivors. I make no effort to give pity to someone who has just been unhooked. I won't intentionally tunnel unless that's earned by a survivor acting like they think they're invincible. Then there is the factor of how my last game or two went. Sometimes you gotta steamroll.

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 295

Idk sometimes I just don't feel like it. Most of the times I do give is because I feel like the last person either deserved a better outcome or I just recognize that the person did way better than me through the match and I feel like "ok you're good but go knowing that you only lived because I let you"

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,699

I give hatch more often than not.

• Incel
    Incel Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2022

this post is self-delight and showing others how nice I am.

honesly surviours have many rules for killer but they not care when play against killer (killer is bad because noed but dh is ok. etc.)

I dont see survivor rules.

i gives a hatch rarely but i have some rule of it:

-No tbag.

-Surviour was usefull for team.

Somethimes i feel i should give hatch/gate for surviours is when on start game is someone dc or i'm buged and surviour help me.

P.S most of the time I have a bug i disconect

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited May 2022

If I walk past it when I'd be carrying them I would let them have it. As for why not besides that? Because whenever I went afk to get a drink, or just go kick some missed pallets/breakable walls, far too long of a time goes by because the survivor just sits on the hatch waiting for me to see them to teabag and jump in, when I let them have it to begin with. And this was a very, very common thing that happened

That sort of thing is the reason you'll run into killer who will just slug for the 4k. I personally didn't much care because I knew they were just a moron wasting their own time anyway, and I'm not going to get upset at someone who clearly has mental issues

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150

If I hear hatch on my way to hook last survivor and you weren't toxic, then I'll usually give it to them. Especially if they were good sports and was rough game.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

After some thought, I would say I have given hatch WAY more often than survivors have sacrificed themselves to me during the end game after the gates are open and they have won. The matches where it did happen were ones where I showed mercy and did not death hook after 1 DC.

• Deathstroke

Well I don't think survivors should really sacrifice themself for killers. It just sound stupid and makes killer mmr go up. If they give their item that's fair enough for me. But only time when I think survivor could sacrifice themself is if killer has mori I had once squad which let me mori them all as ghostface they wanted it.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    edited May 2022

Actually I have several reasons, depending on many factors:

• Shitty RNG on some map that make finding the hatch very hard (RPD, Pale rose...)
    • Some survivors ( Hi Meggy ) don't understand and still wiggle even if i hit a hook.
    • Archives or Bp.
    • SWF: Undeserved escape if you play on the easy mode of DBD, except if one of them seemed very new to the game.
    • Click spam or Tbag.
    • Remembering that most survivors don't deserve mercy.
    • Remembering that nobody ever gave me a free kill.
  • Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

Idk about other killers but I do give hatch more often than actually taking the 4k. It's very easy to get me to like you and spare you at the end. Even if you just stared at me it makes me laugh and I'll be like, "Alright I like you, you get to live".

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

Unless I need the forth kill or the person was a huge #########, I usually do actually. But if you clickity-click and T-bag, don't expect anything nice in return.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,613

unfortunately this... i tried to do some matches after a long break yesterday (i regretted this shortly after of course)... useless to say the 1st match toxic swf with instaheal, meta perks and the game as map offering with a weak killer like wraith, while the 2nd match 3 hooks, all gen completed despite they put 2 bps... wanna know how many points did the player with the highest score? 13000... as far as i know people are ASKING with those kind of behavior to be aganist bubba facecamp in every match that they'll do

• Deathstroke

Not everybody is like that don't let them get in your head. When I have rough match I usually tunnel and camp more easily and then the I end up stomping the survivors usually so I just give the hatch to last one. Because with that playstyle I don't think I deserve 4K and I don't want to feel im terrible person so I just let one go at that point.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,613

I'm more inclined to think: if they didn't put moral rules for themselves, why should I? You see, this kind of matches happen daily if I should start playing again (guess my mmr is too much high or something like that, idk, but the only thing that I know is that I'm tired of what the game throws at me)

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited May 2022

Had a Jane in the bottom of Grim Pantry last night. She was trapped, cornered, no way out. Everyone else was dead.

Did I end it there? No, once she knew she was done, I simply backed off and let her exit the pantry and we went find hatch. I let her stun me a couple times on way to hatch, bloodhunt and all.

Why? I don't know, but I do it sometimes. I knew I 4ked, she knew it,... i dont need pips anymore alrdy red iri 1.

Mercy was shown. Upped the vid to yt not even sure why, probably to go against the narrative all us killer mains are just greifers who only want you to have a bad time IRL.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,582

A map offering would do it, usually it's a bad one. Survivors have chosen the place to be buried in.

I'll make a point killing a survivor who has worked against his team.

Of course, bully teams don't get the hatch. If I'm nice they'll get the hooks.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495

Actually I give hatch or door to the fourth person pretty much all the time. I usually just chase them enough to know I could have won and maybe make them panic a lil. I think the fourth did a good job surviving that far anyways, and unless I need it for an objective, I don't really need it anyway. But I like to knock them down and carry them there. Guess that's my Huntress' prerogative lol.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883

I give hatch with the fancy strikes me, or if I feel like a surv played well and got screwed by their team (especially if it seems like they were the random in a SWF). Mostly just depends on mood.

There are things that will virtually guarantee I won't do it though:

BM'ing at any point, to me, or their teammates

Sandbagging their teammates

Playing for hatch (i.e. hiding/immersing when/if things start to look dire for their team)

I have a kills challenge on

• nanasi_K9
    nanasi_K9 Member Posts: 501

pip & BP.

The game system denies hatch.

• Deathstroke

That nice I don't give it everytime only when I feel like it if I think I truly deserved this 4K im not giving hatch probably. It's probably 50/50 if I give hatch or not. Giving is also I don't slug for 4K and let them have chanse to find it. But if I ever close the hatch front of survivor I give him exit gate that just feels so wrong. Also if they give their item I let them have exit gate. I have lost few adept chanses while giving hatch so when I do challenges there is no mercy.