The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Coup De Grace buff idea

lonewolf8376
lonewolf8376 Member Posts: 24
edited June 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Have stacks be based on hooks instead of gens completed, this way the killer is being rewarded for their efforts and getting stacks is more frequent, it was nerfed from 100% for some reason so id say this buff is more reasonable but what yall think?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I think the main issue is its use system. Get rid of the token use thing in favor of a smaller lunge increase but it's passive.

It should be just a passive lunge increase like 20% (number can be changed) that decrease every time a gen is completed. So it starts off stronger and gets weaker as the game progresses.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

It is weak perk because you are losing stacks and you can have max 5 stacks.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 645
    edited June 2022

Buff Coup De Grace so killers get the extended lunging effect whenever a gen is completed, but it deactivates whenever a lunge hits someone. That would be fair because a killer could this around 5 times throughout a trial, and only when survivors get progress done. Like Fired Up.

This would play well on slower killers like Huntress, and Trickster. Plus the lunge boost can possibly close the gap of Dead Hards. 😒

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

I’d put it on a cooldown.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

For me the buff that perk should get is only removing a token when you achieve a hit, it's only 5 tokens and the last one is got when the match is about to finish with all generators done, also yo need an average of 20 hits in a match (considering chasing a non healed survivors or exposed survivors sometimes), it would't be OP at all.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

Is there a single killer power that uses the E key yet? Just have it be chosen when you use it, like Dead Hard and Blast Mine. Then change how the tokens are earned, and I think you'd be good to go.

Pressing the button to toggle it on/off, I can't imagine that's OP, since one would still have to gain the tokens for the perk.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881

Just make it like dh. Can use it whenever if you press a button to activate it next lunge. And maybe give 2 stacks per gen instead of one.

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601

This is really the only change necessary, and it's such a simple one that it wouldn't overcomplicate the perk. Coup de Grace lunges are really juicy on killers like Ghost Face and Meyers, so swapping the token generation for something that would provide more uses per match (hook states, a cooldown) could make it a mandatory part of those killer's kits. It just feels so bad to lose tokens on accident or end up caught in situations where it's neither advantageous to use a charge but not possible to land a hit without lunging.