Buying "Parts" of Survivor Linked Cosmetics

While we have linked cosmetics, I understand they're linked because some specific parts would clip if combined with other outfits. However, could we get parts of the outfit that can be combinable sold as a separate option in the store?

For example, Kate's Lady Volksfest is a linked set, but if the head cosmetic was also sold as a separate cosmetic in the store, it'd be a great addition for players who:

• Enjoy a certain aspect of the cosmetic, but not the cosmetic itself
  • Wish to have more customizable options

It's similar to the holiday sweaters as they're just 1 piece for an outfit. The linked cosmetics are already in the store, so they just need to be unlinked. I think it'd also be fine if they had a different color swatch to differentiate from the linked outfits.

(Some linked sets, Feng Min's Little Red Gaming Fit, would need adjustments. If the hood was removed, the head cosmetic could be sold as just her hair and make-up.)

I think it'd be nice to have this option for killers, but killers usually have the head and body linked. While you could be using a linked set weapon on another outfit, it would take away from the original vision of the linked outfit.

Comments

• SimplyPixelated06
    SimplyPixelated06 Member Posts: 469

This is what I've been wanting!!! Like some parts of linked cosmetics can work by themselves and it would be great to have the option to at least mix and match, as a lot of linked cosmetic's heads will work with most outfits.

• Blondebimboqueen
    Blondebimboqueen Member Posts: 2

2 years later and behaviour still hasn't listen and carried on still giving us terrible outfits

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

They have at some point stated they will review all original linked cosmetics and deciding on each if some split of the set is possible. Later they stated they want to do it but it’s low on their priority list (and iirc they couldn’t find a technical solution to split it into 2-pieces and 1 piece)

I think it would be great to have the single pieces be available solo (should be given to anyone that has the set for free and possibly discount the set accordingly if opt to buy only the solo piece if possible). Or introduce the single pieces in new not-set outfits! They have done this with recolors for the rifts where they took 3 pieces from existing outfits and recolored them thematically fitting..