Coldwind rework

Options
SMitchell8
SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
edited June 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Given that there are a lot of players out there, a majoity I feel, think that Coldwind was ruined by making it too light. It destroyed the atmosphere of a once great realm.

One of my suggestions a year ago was to make a night time variant, a darker version of the map. But what if, the map changed brightness, as the duration of game went on?

Imagine the game starting at night, in the dark, and after 5, 10, 15 minutes, it became gradually lighter until it reaches the brightness of how it is currently.

Basically I'm suggesting something on the lines of weather changes in game. But if Coldwind went from light to dark or vice versa, that would be neat.

Your thoughts.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

I don’t care about the graphics. I played 2 games on those maps and it made me want to smash my tv. Fractured cowshed and torment creek. These 2 suck ass. Cowshed is nothing but safe loop after safe loop after safe loop. Torment creek is just, hey get gens done on this side and hold w like a dip ######### so you can’t catch us that’s fun right?

coldwin needs more than a graphic update it needs a major rework

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,313
    Options

I kind of agree with this. I actually enjoy the new look of the Coldwind maps, I don't mind that some of them have daytime. But the Coldiwnd maps for some reason still seem to be the worst balanced realm of all. The visual reworks did nothing to help that, in fact, I am pretty positive they actually increased the size of certain tiles like Jungle Jyms, which is ridiculous, and just made those tiles even stronger for survivors.

Coldwind maps are all pretty big, and have so many insanely safe pallet loops, it's ridiculous. Cowshed in particular is unbearable, as it can spawn many 100% safe pallet loops next to each other. No idea how maps that unbalanced are still in this game.

Rancid Arbatoir is the only exception, that map is quite balanced, since it's pretty small.

• Chilli_man2400
    Options

The only maps I think is good on coldwin is like you said Abbatoir and honestly rotten fields is underrated.

• Chilli_man2400
    Options

Not only that map. Torment creek is almost just as bad as cowshed. The main building is almost impossible to loop. Unless your nurse your not going to get kills cause they can just keep holding w on you and the loops are almost as safe as cowsheds