The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Say Good Bye To Tunneling And Camping

ImHellHound
ImHellHound Member Posts: 7
edited June 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

As Of Recently On One Of My Streamer Friends Streams On Twitch We Had A Discussion About DBD For Tunneling And Camping

So I Have Come To A Conclusion And Very Simple And Easy Fix

Make camaraderie Base Kit For All survivors And Rework It

Let Me Explain The Following

Option 1

Whenever The Killer Is Within 16 Meters Of A Hooked Survivor The Timer On Hooked Is Paused Until The Killer Leaves The Area And The Timer Will Stop When They Start A New Chase With A Survivor That Is Not On The Hook.

Option 2

Survivors On A Hook Will Have A invisible Barrier Around 24 Meters Of The Hook similar To How The Boon Barriers Are That Way Can See It And Know When It Ends.

Survivors After Begin Rescued Have 1 Minute To Leave The Area Witch Is Long Enough To Get Healed And Get Way From The Hook For Those Still Inside Of The Barrier It Will injure Any Survivor Still Inside After 1 Minute.

After A successful safe Hook Save And You Did Not Heal Your Teammate On The Spot After Unhooking Them And The Survivor May Choose To Leave The Area If The Survivor Was Not Healed And Is Still injured While Leaving The Barrier Zone You Will Gain The Endurance Effect For 10 Seconds When Leaving The Area.

Survivors May Only Enter The Barrier prior To The 1 Minute After 1 Minute And Survivor Is Healed Or Still injured After Leaving And Gaining The Endurance Effect. The Barrier Will Deactivate After The 1 Minute The Killer Will Now Be Able To Enter The Area And Resume Patrol In The Following Area

Facecamping Solved

Now That Facecamping Is Now Solved Let's Move On To Tunneling Shall We.

After A Killer Hooks A Survivor And The Survivor Is Unhooked After Leaving The Area Begin Saved prior To The Barrier Being Deactivated A Killer Who Chooses To Tunnel A Survivor Will Be Punished By Having There Base movement Speed Decreased With Exhaustion Like survivors Your Speed Will Decrease For Each Time You Tunnel A Survivor Eventually You Will Get To The Point Where Your So Slow Your Moving As Slow As The Nurse.

Part 2 Coming Later Today

Answers

• Daniel28
    Daniel28 Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2022

Not bad, from I'm sick of getting tunneled and camped before a single gen gets done.

I'm also tired of being face camped (aka less then a foot from my hook till I die on hook) by a leather face right when the game starts, and that killer should be banned on camping, from he get to down 2 survivors at once, which isn't fair.

You should only be allowed to camp and tunnel if you have 4 or less hooks when 3 gets are done

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601

Whenever The Killer Is Within 16 Meters Of A Hooked Survivor The Timer On Hooked Is Paused Until The Killer Leaves The Area And The Timer Will Stop When They Start A New Chase With A Survivor That Is Not On The Hook.

This is one of the most common suggestions I see and the devs even tried it in an earlier build but took it back out because they found it was ripe for abuse by other survivors.

My overall take is that these solutions are a mix of overcomplicated (imagine explaining how option 2 works to a new player) and aimed at introducing punitive effects to the killer instead of incentives that make doing something else more valuable than hugging the hook or tunneling. Punitive measures will not make killers camp and tunnel less, it'll just make them less happy while they do it - and the players who are facecamping antagonistically will almost certainly not care.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Uuuuuh the unfair killers want to win against OP-SWFs.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

The best way to make Killers not camp is by making the game fair and not punishing killers. If the game was fair, killers wouldn't need to camp and tunnel, they'd feel comfortable applying more pressure.

Wanna know what would be fair? To acknowledge the shadow nerfs to killers ability to track survivors, we all know that scratchmarks barely work, sound issues have plagued killers gameplay, insanely high volume chase musics, lack of sounds from survivors,etc.

Wanna know what else would be fair? Smaller maps...

Wanna know what would be fair? If the simplests aspects of the game were improved.

What else would be fair? If they stopped just adding copy paste content and actually did something about gameplay..

If more killers could play then just maybe people wouldn't face Nurses and Blight's and Camping Bubbas....

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,541

Many killers try to use every advantage the can get. Camping forces the survivor to come to you and not the other way around. The problem with your suggestion is that now killers would not only lose that edge but also survivors could abuse it. In many matches I don't even have the chance to leave the area before someone tries to go for an unhook. Survivors just linger around that area and as soon as you turn your back they go for it. This is not camping but the killer would still be punished by that mechanic.

Tunneling, camping, slugging is nothing different than from what survivors do to win. You sit on gens every chance you have, so you use your time to finish your objective as efficient as possible. Tunneling is exactly that, trying to kill you as efficient as possible. Camping forces survivors to make a decision and come out, pretty similar to spreading on multiple gens. Slugging means applying pressure on as many survivors (objectives) as possible at once. That is the same as a survivor not just waiting and hiding near a gen they started when killer gets close but going for the next gen if possible and working on that. Killers have no reason not to play like this, that's the issue. Do we get anything for not camping, slugging and tunneling other than more survivors who make it out and teabag in the exit? I completely agree that these strategies are no fun but instead of punishing people for doing that we should foces on fixing the underlying issue. For example if the killer kicking a gen wasn't absolutely pointless maybe they would bother doing that more often instead of just standing next to the hook.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

You think survivors should not only get free unhooks, but free healing after unhooking? That's insane.

Imagine a lobby of identical bunny fengs. They get the free unavoidable unhook and heal in 14 seconds or so. The one that just got unhooked and healed takes aggro. As a killer, I cannot tell these survivors apart. I down them and get punished with a permanent speed debuff for "tunneling". Come on. All of this is absurd.

• ihateboons
    ihateboons Member Posts: 167

They already tried implementing a punishment for the killer for camping. SWF abused it so hard it didn't last but a few days.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Killers are getting a +50% win rate. All those suggestions would skyrocket the killer rate way beyond the +50% they're already getting. How is that fair?

• LegenDz_Evil
    LegenDz_Evil Member Posts: 13

Because win rate doesnt matter cant really speak for other killers but for me what i love & enjoy the most is gameplay but when survivors wanna be toxic beyond flashlights & teabagging(last sec sabos bodyblocking in front of hooks using the pov diff to crouch beside/in front of the killers legs to slow them down. Etc.) before this was really an issue bc im not to be toxic so now either i walk away or just keep my cool and whe the match is over i jus play survivor or get off for awhile... I mean if i had people to play customs with that were chill(yelling rqing getting mad/salty is not what I'm referring to cuz im guilty of that too) no im referring to people who get butthurt over how some people have something called anxiety but its whatever

• TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495

Invent. Tunnelling does not exist, that´s just some made up term.

Folks, play killer before being so entitled to have some extra "protection aura". The reality is that Killer is the stressful role, the hard one, and Survivors we have so many unwritten rules that won´t fit in the library of that guy from the Archives.

SWF already gives a ton of advantage to Survivors, I mean... you can´t possible ask them to not pick you if you are the easiest target, in top of that Decisive Strike exists.

• Viridyan
    Viridyan Member Posts: 78

At one point, survivors have to learn to play the game. Looping is a viable strategy. Juking is viable strategy. Do whatever it takes to not get caught. If you do get caught, well.. That hook has your name on it. If a killer can't get kills except by tunneling/camping, the response is always "get good". Well survivors, if you always end up on hook, get good.

• Notretsam
    Notretsam Member Posts: 129

As someone who is very much against camping and tunnelling, even I'm against this as survivors can be just as toxic and would just abuse the heck out of it.

Increasing Borrowed Time to 24 seconds and making it base kit, plus allowing base kit BT to be stacked with the perk is the way to go. Although even with this, killers would just hit the survivor to disable BT and just chase them down, it would at least give the survivor more of a chance and it might put some players off tunnelling.

A sure-fire way is to issue severe penalties for doing it that cost people blood points

It would also help if the game wasn't so unbalanced, survivors always have the advantage as they have the numbers game but DBD is heavily survivor-sided.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,541

I blame that on matchmaking and the survivors themselves. There are so many survivors that never learned how to loop properly. Why would they though? Just equip Dead Hard and 3 other second chance perks or Prove Thyself, bring the strongest items and addons every game, send yourself to a map you have an advantage on and play in a SWF and you go up in your MMR to a point where you get killers, that don't fall for either of those things. The amount of people, that try to Dead Hard through me right before noticing that they can't do it after getting shocked by a Doctor is infuriating. They can't really loop because they never learned how to do it properly and obviously do not even bother learning the killers's powers. If you don't believe me, just wait for the perk overhaul. We'll see some significant changes in win rates suddenly, I'm sure. But after a while it will probably normalize again.

• BastardKing
    BastardKing Member Posts: 784

I always hear about these hard core face camping/tunneling killers, but in the last two weeks, I have seen it ONCE out of probably 30+ survivor games, and that was today. And we just gen slammed them. The only reason they won was because I lagged a bit while going for a save, and so the bar didn't start charging until about .5 seconds after I clicked, and I got grabbed. If not for that, they would have gotten wrecked.

Most of the time people complain about getting face camped, they are at like, 2 gens and the killer needs an artificial way to increase pressure. And unfortunately, that is not the killers' faults. Survivor objectives are objectively quicker because they are concurrent and because their progress regresses slower. (A single health state takes two survivors 16 seconds to solve without perks or items, for a total of 32 seconds of survivor time. Those 32 seconds, if on a gen, give it about 30 seconds of progress. A killer without perks or add ons needs 120 seconds of that gen not being worked on to undo the progress of two survivors working for the same time it takes them to undo one single hit. So the survivors already have 4* the number of people, and their progress takes slightly less than 4* the time to undo, without perks. That is why slow down perks are so META.) Most of the people I have seen tunneled were either really bad, throwing down every single pallet immediately then running back into dead zones, or BMing the killer.

What is way more common is people complaining about getting tunneled or camped when the killer has hooked everyone at least once. THAT I have seen 2/7 times today alone.

• Daniel28
    edited June 2022

We won't have this problem if they played the game right, and I understand if only 2 gens are left to camp/tunneling but not when 1-0 gens done and have 4-5 gens to do to escape

Post edited by Daniel28 on
  • Daniel28
    edited June 2022

I play killer also, but I don't camp and tunnel right off the get go.

I'm a pig main, and it sucks when they use dead hard right at the exit gate.

The only way I would is if they kept me busy for 3 or more gens with 0 hooks, but what I say is GET GOOD at predictions on there looping, I win about 50-60% of matches

As a killer, I can't stand it, from it'll make survivors quit playing forever, and it made me quit for a year. It didn't change much since 2018

• Daniel28

I also play killer, but I don't camp and tunnel right off the get go

I'm a Pig main and I win about 50-60% of the games, and you know what gets me, when a survivor instant save right when I hook them, but the other gets grabbed off, I don't think I should be allowed to do that, I understand lockers, gens, vault windows/pallet and exit gate. But not hook saves. From 1 game I grabbed 2 survivors off same person from they wouldn't quit saving in front of me with someone not dead on hook.

All I do gotta say, is that camping and tunneling makes survivors quit playing for long time, or forever from I played around 2017-2018 and I joined back around middle of 2020.

You know what made me quit, it's getting camped right when 0 gens popped and get tunneled as soon as I get unhooked by someone from he looked the other way, and they took a hit and body blocked the killer, and still left him and downed me.

As killer what made me quit, was I was going against top notch survivors that kept t-bagging me and taking hits then healing and coming back to take another hit while 1 survivor is doing gen, but now that sloppy butcher with nurses calling is this way I don't have that problem anymore.

All I'm saying is that it can be camping or tunneling, BUT NOT BOTH. It just ruins the game and makes people just wasted there money on a game that's going downhill where people don't want to play it at all

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 628

I play both sides and not once, after I learned to play both sides well, have I never whined either camping or tunneling. In the end, they usually tunnel me, and I'm not even toxic. If you want to win more often, you will start camping and tunneling too.

What makes sense is to increase the repair speed if the killer is camping a survivor.

• BastardKing
    BastardKing Member Posts: 784

No, you still have that problem. There are plenty of videos of killers outplaying survivors constantly and getting down after done in fairly rapid successtion, but if the survivors play right (AKA, do gens), they objectively always finish first.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

Both of those options seem bad

• ImHellHound

Back After 3 Days Of Waiting And I Have Finally Come To Come And Check My Feed Back Regardless Weather It Is Good Or Bad

Well After 3 Days Of Thinking About Good Ideas For Part 2 I Have Come Up With Some...Dear I Say Decent Good Ideas For The Killer Since Part Involves Killer

But First Let Me Give My Finally Thoughts On Part 1 Before Moving On To Part 2

First Off Yes This Is An Idea From A Survivor Main's Prospective Weather I'm Soloing Or With A Friend.

With That Said I Do Play Both Sides I Just Play Survivor 75% Of Time.

Hell I Actually Favor The Killers Side Id Rather Play Killer If I'm Begin Honest

I Don't Play Killer That Much Just For These 3 Simple Facts

Fact 1 I Have Anxiety But That Doesn't Stop Me From playing Killer At All Tho I Just Get Stressed Out More Then A Normal Person Does Playing Killer For Me Is Stressful

Fact 2 It's The Same ######### Regardless Witch Side You Play Weather Your Killer Or Survivor Its All Counter Preductive If Ask Me Don't Believe Me Look At The Following Below

The Survivors Side

Do Gens, Unhook Survivor, Do Bones, Boon A Totem, Be Chased By The Killer, Heal, Escape And Then Do It All Next Game And Repeat

Killer Side

Stop Gens, Injure Survivor, Hook Survivor, Kill Survivor, Let Survivor Bleed Out For Begin A Dick All Game By Teabagging And Flash Light Clicking Me, Close Hatch, Give The Nicest Survivor That Wasn't Rude All Game The Hatch, Camp Survivor On Hook Because There Teammates Won't leave The Area When I See Them Hiding Near By Because The Moment I Do There Gonna Insta Save When I Leave

Now After Reading All Of The Killer And Survivor Side's You Still Gonna Tell Me With A Straight Smile On Your Face And Say That All Of That ######### Ain't Counter Preductive...Uh Sounds Like The Same ######### To Me

Fact 3 Killer Ain't The Same As It Used To Be (Its Fine) But There Was Once A Time When Playing The Killer Was Fun...Its Not As Fun As It Used To Be Sometimes It Very Boring And At Times Its Just Down Right Stressful In General.

Now If There Ever Was 2V8 Mode Or Something New Too Play That I Can Play With A Friend Because That's The Only Reason I Play Survivor And Not The That It Really Matters But I Played Solo Quee For 1 Year And Half Let Me Tell You It Ain't Exactly What I Would Call Fun Until My Only Friend That I Play With For The Past 2 Years And Half Got The Game

But There's Not So Until Then Ill Keep Playing Survivor Until Then When They Finally Add A New Mode Like That Then I'll Switch And Be A Killer Main Until Then That Ain't Happening

With That Said It's The Same Boring ######### For 6 Years Straight Granted Ive Only Been Playing This Game For 4 Years I Been Playing Since 2018 If You Wanted To Know...Not 6 Like Everyone Else Has Since 2016

I Have No Loyalty To Either Side I Really Don't Care One Way Or Another I Just Want The Game To Be Better For Both Sides Not Just One Side Or The Other With The Interduction To The 40 Perk Over Haul On The 6th Anniversary Stream I Figured Now Is The Perfect Time To Address These Issues Before Its Too Late

What I Was Insinuating Is Fair And If Actully Took The Time Read It All And Not Skim Through It All You Would Know In Option 2 Survivors Get Punished Too Not Just The Killers I Personally Prerfer Option 1 Then 2

And That's Not To Say Half Of You Diden't Take The Time To Read It All Because I Saw Some Of Did Actually Read It.

Those Who Read It All I Voted Up

And Because Some Of You Have common Sense Seeing How 50% Of Ain't What I Call A Having A Life And Do Nothing But Troll On Here On The Forms.

The 50% Of You On Here That Are All Bad Your All Almost As Worse Then People On Facebook And That's Saying A Lot...LOL

My Point Is I Wish Nothing Best For This Game Other Then It To Be Good And Too All The Wonderful People That Took The Time Out Of There Day To Read This Thank You I Hope You All Have A Wonderful Day And Good Luck In The Fog

Ps I Have Bad Crammer I'm Sorry If I Miss spelled Anything While Typing

Part 2 Coming Sometime Soon

• ImHellHound

Also I Never At One Point Said You Ain't Allowed To Tunnel Or Camp Or Slug You All Bought The Game I Can't Tell You How To Play It. Do As You Please If I Don't Really Give Damn If The Game Dies In The Next 2 To 4 Year Or How Many Years The Community Thinks Is Left

These All Are Tools Used In The The Match To Apply Pressure For The Survivors I Didn't Say I Disagree Now Did I...I Was Just

Mainly Stating A Fact That Something Needs To Be Done For Tunnel And Camping Nothing More Nothing Less You All Can

Agree Or Disagree What I'm Saying Is Just A Fact Nothing More More...Now For The Most Part I Use All These Strategies Myself Too When I Play Killer Too I Was Just saying Some people Take It Way Too Far