Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

(PHOTOSENSITIVITY WARNING) Nightfall Visual Glitch, flickering between very dark and very light

XLMeatXball
XLMeatXball Member Posts: 4
edited June 2022 in Bug Reporting

When the Dredge ults and everything goes pitch black, my game does not stay in the darkened state. The screen will flicker between the darkness of the ult and the standard lighting of the map by default depending on the direction you look. This happened in PTR when this killer was still in testing and it is happening in base game now.

I played as Jane Romero in the video, but it happens with the other characters I've played.

It happened with all different types of perks.

It happened on any map vs. the dredge.

plz this hurts my eyes

8 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

Comments

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,998

What are your system specs?

I'm trying to help figure out why this would be happening as it definitely seems a fairly rare case from what I am seeing...so as much information as you can supply would be super helpful. Thank you.

• XLMeatXball
    edited June 2022

running a rtx 2800 super, ryzen 3600x, 2x16gb ddr4 3000, msi mpg x570, games currently saved on an ssd, monitor is 1440p 144hz

edit: at first i may have had my game saved on a hard drive, after i got this problem i tried deleting the game and reinstalling this time on my ssd... did not fix the issue

edit2: I also play on ultra settings... i tried lowering the settings mid match and it didnt change anything. also when im dead and spectating other players, the visual glitch will still happen if nightfall activates. i also changed the max framerate to 144 in the game files, i will try removing the extra lines i added to the file to see if that changes anything next time i play. I also tried changing to a color blind color scheme to see if that changed anything, still no.

edit3: had my framerate cap set to 150, set it to 144 and it didnt fix the issue... then set max framerate to 60 and that didnt fix it either

Post edited by XLMeatXball on
  • taylor_matt
    taylor_matt Member Posts: 1

Having the same issue on multiple maps against dredge. Running in a straight line not moving the camera it is fine, but as soon as I start moving my mouse to look around during nightfall the darkness glitches between fully on, fully off, and somewhere in between. It pretty much makes dredge impossible to play against.

I7 10700k 3070 16gb Ram

Playing on Ultra @1440p with framerate cap changed to 120fps

Game saved on an SSD

Also have a video if it helps

• Gorgamungus
    Gorgamungus Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2022

I'm having the same issue as well.

I'm going to try and update my GPU driver to the newest version in hopes that it'll fix it.

Specs are:

Intel i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz 

16GB of Dual-Channel DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Seagate 2TB HDD

Post edited by Gorgamungus on
  • Gorgamungus

Update: Tried reinstalling DBD and reinstalling/updating my GPU driver to the most recent version. No change; here's a clip of some gameplay I just recorded against a Dredge showcasing the bug.

https://youtu.be/cANQxiLatOs

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,419

Someone suggested maybe it's an anti-aliasing or raytracing issue?

• XLMeatXball

I turned off anti-aliasing and i no longer got the blinking, which is great... I would like to play the game with it on though.

• Ramanga
    Ramanga Member Posts: 48

I noticed this also, on ormond map. I thought it was lightning that I hadn't noticed before because it went from pitch black to a flash of white then back to black. But this explanation makes more sense.

• Gorgamungus

How did you turn off AA? I tried to add a command in the Engine.ini file for it, but the flickering effect still remains. Game looks less blurry though, which is interesting.

Code was this:

[/Script/Engine.GarbageCollectionSettings]

r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0

• XLMeatXball

I believe this was the line of code I added and it fixed

[/Script/Engine.RendererOverrideSettings]

r.DefaultFeature.AntiAliasing=0

• Bluepugs
    Bluepugs Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

I have the same exact problem as above, with every attempted fix in the thread attempted besides disabling anti-Anliasing.

When I had this issue start on dredge release, I updated drivers, reinstalled twice, did DDU reinstall of my drivers, the whole she-bang, what I have been doing to resolve the issue is launching with:  -REGENERATEINIS in my steam properties and this has resolved the issue.

However, removing  -REGENERATEINIS from the steam launch options causes the issue to return, which is annoying, as every time I relaunch the game I have to redo my settings and keybindings.

My hardware: RTX 1070, 8600k i5, 32 gigs dddr4/3200, installed on a samsung EVO 850 M.2 SSD, on a MSI board, windows 10.