The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

hey behaviour its time to rework nurse

maximo99ac
maximo99ac Member Posts: 164
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

Nurse is bad for this game, it has negative effects for the killers because a lot of weak perks like dragons grip could be buffed if nurse wasn't a thing.

Please behaviour delete this killer, the sooner the better.

Comments

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

They rework DH, I hope Nurse nerf goes into the same patch. Her blink-attacks need to become m2/special attacks and her recharge and range addons need to completely go. There u go, balanced Nurse!

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575

Reminder that you are talking to the company that, through the last 6 months, buffed Nurse, Blight and Spirit and nerfed Pinhead, Nemesis, Clown, Slinger and Wraith.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,864

That sounds like a dream come true tbh. If I can never play this game again I will be so happy.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

I disagree with you.

We had this in the past in the form of her old 3-blink add-on (before it got buffed). You could combine this with the 4.2 add-on to essentially get this Nurse but at 4.2m/s.

Now, this combo was terrible. It's literally just a nerfed Nurse. But was it fair? Not really.

Get a map like Lery's? Sure, Nurse is a joke in that scenario. Get an open map or drop a pallet in her face? Nope, you're dead. Oh, are you vaulting that window? Well, it's in my LoS, so I'm technically not going through a wall! Get rekted!

I'm not saying Nurse shouldn't be changed. I'm saying that Nurse's power is so fundamentally flawed that she would need a complete rework to be comparable to other DBD killers. As it stands, she does not play DBD.

The argument against this, of course, is her age. The nurse is an old killer and has a very dedicated fanbase. Reworking her would cause Old Freddy Syndrome where they will pretty much lose their killer, alienating them. As she's difficult enough that her general killrates are subpar, BHVR tolerates her existence... for now, at least.

• Witchubtet
    Witchubtet Member Posts: 640

I play Console and she feels impossible to control. Especially with survivors breaking their ankles. But I don’t know how you could change her without completely nerfing the people who learned her.

• FeelsBadMan

Ok, so here you go why Nurse is bs and should be nerfed:

I don't think I need to say anything about that but in case it isnt obvious: Nurse with Haunted Grounds, Undying and Infectous slugging 4 solos at 5 gens left

• FeelsBadMan

Aaaaaaand another Nuse main - stop defending your broken killer. Or are you scared you will actually have to git gut and play the game without being able to ingore all rules this game has?

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

Not sure where you caught me defending her, all I did was correctly diagnose your solo queue syndrome.

Please, please don't respond anymore. I promise you nothing will make my giblets harder than knowing I don't have to waste keyboard real estate on your unsalvageable tripe.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

Blinks don't go through walls/objects and remove her double recharge/omegablink add-ons. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

Just because we haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. They recently made the statement "The twins are monsters at the top end", despite never showing us top end data. I guarantee you top end nurse players have 80-100% kill rates when hey master her and run sweaty perks.

I think the fact that new and average players struggle with her immensely is another reason to rework her. You could find a middle ground between being too hard to master/too strong, and easier to play/but not as oppressive.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Myers needs a rework before nurse does

• UseTheValve
    UseTheValve Member Posts: 350

I don’t think they will ever make a new nurse but i also don’t think they will change her more too, she’s perfectly balanced even if most survivor SWF main cry about her being easy.

Her kill rate rate and play rate illustrates that quite clearly, if you’re new to killer altogether learning on nurse is so painful, if you already are well verse it’s not that worse bur you’ll be looking a lot at the ground and t bagging survivors.

Everyone says it but hardcore survivor main won’t ever take any of it because she just change how you must play as a survivor and after 4000 hours doing the same things they just don’t want to do anything else because they’re really good at looping, anyways it’s like yelling into the void at this points.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

So? I've seen a Billy down all 4 survivors in less than a minute - and the Nurse in the images you've shown wasn't slugging all 4 at this point, they had hooked one already and there's no evidence that they didn't go on to hook the others.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

But nurse players have grown so accustomed to playing a different game entirely. In this game if they practice enough and are good enough they win no matter what. In no true, competitive, or even fun multiplayer game, is that okay.

If they nerf nurse will these players even enjoy playing DBD? I don't think these players are interested in a fair, balanced game. Most people can recognize pretty easily that both SWF and nurse are busted. But these nurse mains claim that people with thousands of hours just haven't learned how to play against nurse yet.

They just want to dominate every match, balance be darned.

• FeelsBadMan

Oh sorry mr officer, I didn't know I have to record the whole match and upload it here just so people like you won't be able to deny the reality.

Also a Billy can't ignore the ingame laws. If a Billy gets a 4 man slug, said killer actually has skill and knows how to play him. On Nurse all you need is purple range and green recharge and even someone without thumbs can 4 man slug.

• captainlongshlong
    captainlongshlong Member Posts: 87

Nurse will probably be nerfed at some point, it's the direction BHVR has been going in for a while. Lowering the skill ceiling to accommodate new/casual players (probably 90% of the player base) over veteran, high skill, high hour players (probably 10% of the player base).

For someone who has played for five years, it's sad but understandable why BHVR do this stuff so to keep new people playing (spending money).

Although saying that, I'd much rather go against a disgusting strong nurse over a killer whose power makes me want to throw my PC out the window before setting fire to it. There are far too many soul-destroying/anti-fun killers in the game.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,132

I'm all for nurse getting a complete rework, but this idea literally sounds like a worse blight.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096
    edited June 2022

Idk guys, nurse is one killer old actually wanna go against...

Saying no going through walls and other things are just simply...not with the vibe

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Nurse needs a couple Add-On changes but her base-kit is fine

• Little_Kitten
    Little_Kitten Member Posts: 871

Another post where we hear the same eternal refrains asking to weaken the nurse, because she is too strong ... Nurse is good, her basekit is good too, and her addons too.

Besides the fact that you should question yourself, and your ability to play against her, I would like to ask you the following:

could you record the next games in which you play against these famous "bad nurses too strong", so that we can judge your ability to play against them.

I bet what you want that in the end, we will be able to see that your way of playing against her is technically very low level 😋

And when I hear some people say that "main nurses" just want to dominate the game ... it makes me howl with laughter : as a main nurse, I would much rather have survivors in front of me who allow me to have an interesting game with an unpredictable outcome, than survivors that I kill in 2 minutes 😊

After ... if the survivors are too lazy to get up and learn the mechanics that work on the nurse ... that's THEIR problem 🙄

Oh, I forgot: I also play survivor, and I love to face the nurse. Because with each game, you learn a little more how to fake it.

You should really try it 😉

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

No,,nurse takes big effort to be good with,,,,stop dreaming of insane nerfs like can't blink through walls / objects,,,i can see her range addons gettin nerfed though,,those are a bit too strong,,

• Cramps
    Cramps Member Posts: 114

What are these "rules" you keep mentioning which Nurse ignores?

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

Survivor mains only want to play vs M1 killers,,and even then no noed allowed ,no camping ,slugging even if it's the correct play and god forbid they bring strong gen perks ,,Jokes aside though,,her range addons are BUSTED ,,those i'd gladly nerf

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

So one photo of one game where things went badly and the whole world comes crashing down?

I’ve had that scenario on every killer in the roster at some point, should we just nerf em all.

better yet let’s just delete the killer role entirely and rename the game to gens by daylight.

Half the posts in this thread really are as ridiculous as this suggestion.

Basically it’s hard to loop nurse in the same brain dead manner as basic M1 killers and rather than switch it up, folks want killer powers to be the same on all killers so one way of playing works equally well against all of them.

We’ll call it bored by daylight, maybe bland by daylight.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Ignores the arbitrary rules of unimaginative survivors. There fixed that for you.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

I agree that Nurse needs a rework. If Nurse was reworked, we could have smaller maps with more variety in terms of loops and pallets. As it stands, Nurse is actually holding the game back.

• FeelsBadMan

Ok, please tell me what other killer can ignore solid walls while traveling the map faster than any other killer and yet still somehow being counted as a m1 killer? None? Oh!

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Here I am again pointing out that her basekit is perfectly fine and her problems come from the fact that she has busted add-ons (range) and her power works too well with perks that would otherwise be mostly fine