We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Eyrie of Crows is a dumb map

byzzle
byzzle Member Posts: 10
edited June 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Awhile back, Red Forest was changed to have less tiles being too close together but then there's this map that has 10 pallets within a 15m range of each other and I find it unfair and painful to see on both killer and survivor not to mention that it's a HUGE map unlike The Game which is bearable cause it's really small. Something needs to be done about this I never liked this map and I just don't even bother trying when I get it

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Playing on the erie of crows triggers my ptsd from old ormond... the horror...

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

I always thought that Eyrie of Crows was like Temple of Purgation but the main building was bullshit.

I think the northern part is tolerable even with the abundance of pallets. Eyrie main building can suck a lemon though.

• Witchubtet
    Witchubtet Member Posts: 640

It’s way to bright. The killer sticks out like a sore thumb as well.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

It's probably one of the worst balanced maps in the game, and to think it is one of the newest ones, is a bit crazy. Luckily Haddonfield rework and Garden of Joy are not nearly as bad, the former being pretty good in my opinion.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,754

Yeah Eyrie is terrible. I don’t even enjoy playing it as survivor

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Eyrie of Crows is the culmination of every bad stage design decisions the DbD team has.

• The map size is gigantic
    • The main building is absurdly safe
    • Breakable doors you have to break or the survivors get infinite loops
    • There are loop spots every 16 yards or less from one another
    • Way too many pallets AND there are god pallets
    • It takes place in broad daylight
    • The ground is so brightly colored, scratch marks are extremely difficult to make out
    • Nothing in the environment is creepy or oppressive

It's a failure on every level. It's not as bad as old Haddonfield or new The Game, from a gameplay position, but it's worse than both on a "creepy location" position.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,973

Don't forget the awful ambient noise that confused people when the map came out and thought it was survivor healing noises

• byzzle
    byzzle Member Posts: 10

And the random things that stick out of the walls with collision messing with everyone

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

I just don't understand why they didn't take advantage of Artist's theme and use black/ink ridden sand. It could have been the creepiest map by far and they're like, "Nope. Theme Park Beach. Light 'er up."

• Uotsumi
    Uotsumi Member Posts: 215

Since the farm and asylum rework, the level designers on the map team have been on an extended vacation.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598

tbh. I kinda like the map...

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

No can't agree. I do think Garden of Joy is on the survivors side, but it's not that bad in my experience so far.

Haddonfield is pretty balanced in my opinion. Only the one house with the two windows that can be chained is probably a bit too strong.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Eyrie of Crows isn't "Gigantic", that's a myth. It's the median map size, it was something like 14 maps are bigger, 14 are smaller and 7 are the same size last time I looked at the numbers.

As far as everything else in that list, the map it's closest to is Ormond. They're both identical size with bright outdoors and a strong central building that has a second floor landing with a couple of god pallets overlooking a central lower floor area with a generator. So odds are if you hate Ormond you hate Eyrie and vice versa.