Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PC - Audio partially lost as match starts

magnaillusion
magnaillusion Member Posts: 10

Note: The forum seems to have deleted my post after I tried to edit it to correct some grammar. If my discussion appears twice in the near future, it's okay to close and delete one of them as they contain the same information.

Detailed Description:

This is weird to explain since this just happened, but:

Starting a match as The Deadsligner causes most audio from the game that is generated on the map (e.g. breaking a pallet, the sound of generators, survivors' grunts of pain) to be partially lost.

Some of the loudest audio such as survivors screaming can be heard very faintly (as if the sound was muffled and/or it came from outside the map). The fainter sounds such as generator progress are inaudible. Audio of pallets or walls being broken sounds as if the killer hit something like a tree or wood planks on the environment.

This audio loss persists throughout matches: initiating another match as another character does not fix the issue. The only way to fix this is to completely close the game and restart. Additionally, the audio lost was noticeable from the moment the match with The Deadslinger started.

Additionally, it seems like Killer Instinct audio, as well as loud, global notifications are not affected.

I don't know if this helps, but I actually played two matches with the bug active: one with The Deadsligner and one with The Spirit. During the second match, The Spirit looked like it was coming through the ground, and her hands didn't appear until the match started properly.

After those two matches, I restarted the game and initiated a match as The Cenobite. This match was completely normal.

I do not remember who I was playing as before playing as The Deadslinger, but I believe it was as survivor. I was doing the tome challenges as survivor, and then switched to killer to do daily rituals. The last tome challenge I did as survivor before switching over was the community challenge to succeed skill checks or damage generators (I hadn't done my personal contributions yet).

The loadouts were as follows:

1. The Deadslinger equipped with: Monitor & Abuse III, Save the Best for Last III, Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance I, Lightborn II. Addons were Warden's Key and Ammo Belt. Offering was Frightful Flan. Customization options were Pecan Crown (4th Anniversary), Snow Carver Shirt, Rail's End, Blood Moon, The Observer's Sanctum, and Chaotic Glyph. I don't remember the map, but it was possible it was an The Macmillan State map, likely Shelter Woods.
  2. The Spirit equipped with: Barbeque and Chilli III, Pop Goes the Weasel III, Lightborn III, Hex: Ruin III. Addons were Dried Cherry Blossom and Mother-Daughter Ring. Offering was Fightful Flan. Customization options were Chic Headband, Seifuku (Striped), Putrid Katana, Blood Moon, The Observer's Sanctum, Chaotic Glyph. The map was The Game (Gideon Meat Plant).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load a game as The Deadslinger, ideally with the same loadout detailed above.
  2. Observe the results.
  3. Load another game as any other character (perhaps it would be best to try characters and/or loadouts different from the two I detailed above).
  4. Observe the results again.

Expected results:

1. You can hear everything normally after loading your first match as The Deadslinger.

Actual results:

1. Some of the audio is lost, as explained above. Audio loss persists between matches, and the only way to fix it is to restart the game completely.

Frequency:

Has only happened once to me, but it's because it just happened.

Additional information:

I'm currently on the Steam version of the game. I'm on Windows 11 and this is the first time I've presented audio issues since the patch.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated