Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Error Code 500

Hichem
Hichem Member Posts: 3

every time i start a game i get disconnected with the error "disconnected from host, error code 500". It happens with both killers and survivors and happens during loading. it is the windows version and i bought it, i tried to reinstall the game, to check the files, to change dns and also connection. I reinstalled the xbox app and reset both the xbox app and the microsoft store multiple times, I also used the windows "troubleshooter" tool. I don't know what to do anymore, I just have to format the computer. I wrote to support but it will take a while for them to respond.

I am attaching the logs and the error screen. thank you all in advance

4 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Hichem
    edited June 2022

Still not fixed

Post edited by Hichem on
  • Hichem

I managed to fix the bug alone.

I have two xbox accounts, on one I bought dbd and on the other I had the pass. I entered with what dbd had bought but the game took the account with the pass as its primary account and consequently it didn't let me play because it was as if I didn't have the game. To solve you have to go to emai and account, in the settings, and remove one of the two accounts so that there are no conflicts.

• Mrjerara
    Mrjerara Member Posts: 2

Having the same problem, also on microsoft store/xbox app. Been a few weeks now. Really depressing that there have been a bunch of post of this same error the past two years and no solution has ever been found as far as i can tell.

• Carltoowavy
    Carltoowavy Member Posts: 4

Im currently dealing with this problem right now and there's still no fix!

• Emmi
    Emmi Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2

I have been dealing with this issue, and have been in contact with DBD support. After performing all the troubleshooting methods with the support team, I have had no fix to the constant Error 500, disconnecting from host. According to the support staff I spoke to, they are now "Investigating on their end" and telling me it could be a possible issue with my ISP blocking the game. Here's a list of troubleshooting steps I found / or was informed to try:

Disabling Background applications, Unplugging modem 5+ min, uninstalling/reinstalling game, Verify and Repair, Windows and Nvidia Updates, Flushing DNS, Renewing Ipconfig, releasing ipconfig, Repairing EAC, Signing in and out of Xbox PC app, Changing to static and/or dynamic DNS server address, fresh install of windows, reinstalling DirectX, Uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ programs 2010-2019. Maybe some of these will work for you, but I recommend getting in contact with support before you attempt anything too complex. It's possible your situation could be different than mine. Good Luck.

• Emmi
    Emmi Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2