Feedback on the new scoreboard/prestige mockups

Talking about this: https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1538899547098841095

Particularly the last image. I have some criticisms, and some suggestions.

To start with, having the names of characters beside the usernames is an extremely welcome change. Something I've wanted for a long time that I'm glad they're finally getting around to. And overall more information on the scoreboard is a good thing, even info that doesn't really matter to the match you just played like the Prestiges.

That said, my biggest criticism is that the new Prestige icons aren't in a place that logically makes sense for them to be. If this screen was created from the ground up with the intention of Prestige always being there, this is certainly not where they would go. It's the single least relevant thing on the scoreboard, and yet it takes up the most space of any individual element. They're just sliding into where ranks used to be because there's room there, not because it makes sense for them to be there.

A smaller, much more minor point is the survivor and killer icons that are now next to the add-ons. Those are kinda weird. Feels like they were just shuffed down there to make space now that something else is filling the slot they used to be in, even though they were just placeholders in the first place and don't need to be there anymore. Killer actually has a second, completely different killer icon right next to the one in the mockup. I just don't see the point in having this.

Here's a quick edit I made that serves as a suggestion for changes that could be made:

I've taken labeling the characters a step further by filling in that pesky open space with the Adept icons, and made the Prestige icons take up what I think is a more proportionate amount of space. The icon is also beside the character names, which I feel turns it into sort of a modifier for that label, like a this player is a Dwight (and that Dwight is Prestige 7) sort of thing. To be totally fair killers usually use their power icon for their adept icon which would lead to two icons that show the same thing in close proximity, which I was criticising the original mockup for, but this is the best I could do.

I've differentiated the Meg with a blood spatter because for reasons I don't understand yet she has a different colour and more impressive Entity laurels in the mockup from Twitter. My best guess is that the Prestige works how Ranks currently work where after reaching a certain number it will put you back to 1 but move you to a new coloured tier, and I guess maybe Meg is a high 5 while the others are low 7's and 8's.

I'm thinking of this mockup less of a throw out everything you have planned and do this instead, and more as a means to give feedback on the mockup we've seen and point out ways I feel it could be improved. All in all, identifying the characters is good, prestige on the scoreboard is neat but takes up way too much space for what it is, and the new survivor/killer role icons are completely redundant. More information on the scoreboard is absolutely welcome, but there could be some improvement.

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,954

I completely agree with much of this. I suggested much the same today. Im glad many of us agree on this one. I hope bHVR hears us.

• nikodemo
    nikodemo Member Posts: 779

Total agreement. Though, if they have the pictures there, then technically we don't need the character names then

• keepingitril
    keepingitril Member Posts: 94

Solid work @CupertinoEffect .

Much improved on the original.

I particularly like your minimising of the prestige level.

Would be interesting to see if the character icons could be coloured / designed post game to represent something, eg. most altrusitic, best chaser, most gens. Or maybe they can replace the status icon - default black lived, red died. Just thinking aloud.

Another variant could be a 2x2 square with the 4 survivors and all the info.

Each square has the survivor image with a small icon in one the lower right corner if they brought an item or offering. No need to show addons. Or whatever variant of placement. Prestige level in another corner. Underneath show perks, score, an indictaor of the emblem / score they did best in and the status outcome.

• spliffysands
    spliffysands Member Posts: 52

Wow your version looks great! @CupertinoEffect .