Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Midwich hook placement way too sporadic

LordRegal
LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Platform: PC personally, but assuming all.

Description of problem: Midwich hook spawning logic is seemingly broken on the ground floor around the basement. Two games in a row if someone went down halfway down the hallway between the basement and the other end of the hallway that doesn't have an exit to the courtyard there were no hooks within range to get them to, including the basement hooks. Looking around showed two hooks above me and one in the courtyard, but none in that hallway and none that were reachable within the 12 seconds allowed without Iron Grasp/Agitation. Similarly, had a game where after sacrificing someone on the hook next to the ground floor bathroom, I then had to slug a survivor to death because they would not leave the bathroom and I could not get them to any hook, regardless of breaking the walls up to the second floor or not.

My assumption is the hook spawn logic isn't counting floors as enough space right now, since usually a hallway with no hooks will have two hooks on the other floor, but it's not reachable in time. Seemingly is consistent, played four games of Midwich this week and only didn't notice an issue with sporadic hooks once. No one burned a hook spacing offering either.

7 votes

Pending · Last Updated