Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hacker auto-deadhards will make the new dead hard insufferable

Has BHVR given any consideration to the legions of hackers out there that will abuse the new DH implementation? I know that BHVR is doing their best to address the hacker issue, but it's a known fact that they're infesting matches and that many of them are subtle with just things like wall hacks. It's known that they have the option to use automated deadhards that always perfectly react to a killer attack. Not many cheaters presently take advantage of auto-deadhard since an auto-deadhard in the open is far less impactful than dead harding for distance, but we'll certainly see a surge of cheaters turning that feature on under the new implementation since it will essentially give them three health states for zero effort while maintaining full plausible deniability.

Unlike blatant hackers, we won't be able to report auto-deadhard cheaters for punitive action since any activation of dead hard could plausibly be rationalized as a successful usage by a fair player responding to the killer's attack.

I fear that the new DH implementation will make the higher MMR brackets more insufferable than the current DH implementation. The game isn't balanced around survivors having three health states.

Comments

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601

I certainly wouldn't balance the game around hackers - they're hackers.

• Armchair
    Armchair Member Posts: 10

It's just throwing fuel on the fire of the epidemic of cheaters who keep their cheating confined to things that can't be proven to BHVR in gameplay footage.

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601

Even so, it's not a good reason to reverse the change. What if subtle cheaters boost their gen repair speed to compensate for the updated gen speeds? It's an arms race that BHVR literally cannot win within the confines of the mechanics, because mechanics are the thing hackers can just rewrite to suit themselves.

Like, yes. Cheaters will take advantage of this. They already took advantage of the former dead hard.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,855

It's an issue even with the current Dead Hard, so not much of a difference.