We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

PS5 - Game causes console to turn off

Options
Thornhorn7
Thornhorn7 Member Posts: 15
edited March 16 in Bug Reporting

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Console seemingly turns off completely at random whilst the Dead by Daylight application is open, as if it has lost power.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• - Happens both on the menus and during games
  • - Does not happen when I am playing any other games except Dead by Daylight, suggesting that Dead by Daylight is the issue rather than the console itself
  • - Happens generally once every few hours, only whilst on Dead by Daylight
  • - The problem first started with the Dredge update

Post edited by EQWashu on
2 votes

Declined · Last Updated

This looks to be a technical issue. If you still require assistance, please ask over in the Ask the Community section, as we do not offer technical support on this forum, or may contact our Support here: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/

Comments

• Skaro1412
    Skaro1412 Member Posts: 8
    Options

I highly doubt this to be a problem from a game even if the game was corrupted or something it would crash the app not the system. steps to try are.

1) hold the power button for 10sec to go to safe mode and rebuild hard drive then clear cache (should be the fix) rebuilding the hard drive alone could fix it but i always clear cache personally just to get that extra clear slate

2)uninstall reinstall

3) worst is you may need to factory reset the console. If worst case scenario then be sure to backup save files to a drive or the cloud to not lose progress in any games yet.

• Thornhorn7
    Thornhorn7 Member Posts: 15
    Options

Have done all three of these things, the problem still persists.

• spidar
    spidar Member Posts: 1
    Options

My friend is having this EXACT problem with this new chapter. We have tried everything even resetting and nothing works. Every other game but dbd is fine. Help:(

This discussion has been closed.