Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Renewable + For the people doesn't work together

Henru0
Henru0 Member Posts: 2

Renewal does not activate when for the people is used. Don't know if its bugged or not but it would be a good perk combo no lie

1 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

Comments

• GreenDemo
    GreenDemo Member Posts: 276

I mean... it would.

But renewal counts I think the time you spent healing someone, not that you healed them. It's the same issue I have sometimes with gen archives when using prove thyself.

Yeah I completed a gen, but in practice i did half of it. The other half did the other survivor.

• toineh
    toineh Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2022

Logically speaking, it SHOULD work together when reading both the descriptions of For The People and Renewal:

For The People:

Press the Active Ability button while healing another Survivor without a Med-Kit to instantly heal them 1 Health State

Renewal:

When you heal another Survivor for the equivalent of 1 Health State, Renewal activates

Thus, both perks not working together would mean either:

a) the description is inaccurate or

b) this is a bug.

Slapping a NOT A BUG tag on this post, seems a bit too easy.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,024
    edited June 2022

For the People doesn't charge up the health state, it tells the game to just switch it, hence why you're not technically healing them.

Understanding this subtle difference is important to understand why it's indeed not a bug.

Any action that is instant works like that in DbD.

• toineh
    toineh Member Posts: 3

@Alionis You're right, and that is likely how it works. Though, reading both descriptions would make most people think the perks work together.

We understand why it doesn't work, but casual players will be confused about why these perks aren't compatible. I'd say this is still a bug, but making these 2 perks work together could also be interpreted as a feature request.