We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Shouldn’t PTB be like custom matches?

When you play a custom match, all perks/add ons/items/offerings are unlocked on all the characters. If we’re supposed to be testing how things work on the PTB, I’m surprised that we are not given access to all the things that custom matches give us. Has there ever been an official reason given for why that is not so, or is it just something that the game devs never really considered before?

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,620

No official reason that I know of, but I would argue that testing for a live-fire environment like the live servers would be better achieved by throwing a bunch of players who have differing amounts of stuff together. Not everyone is gonna have the new/changed perks at tier 3, and what if tiers 1 and 2 are bugged in some way?

It's more reflective of the environment they're testing for, as mildly annoying as it can be.

• Mistwolf
    Mistwolf Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2022

The argument could also be made that we can’t fully test and give feedback about perks and combos and whatnot without being able to access everything