Is a GG so difficult?

Options
I've played so many matches and sent the killer a GG afterwards only to not receive it back. I don't care if I was sacrificed or I escaped. If it was fair and a challenge I try to be nice. Why can't some people just send it back? If I play killer I always respond with the same. Just confused as to when this game stopped being fun and cordial. 🤔

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    As killer I either get a gg ez, a page long rant about my op killer or simply nothing. 
    This ^^
  • cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    Options
    the only times I get a gg is.when i play with the objective of hooking everyone twice and letting everyone escape.Lots of ggs in this case.
  • KatFever78
    KatFever78 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm sorry I should have specified that I play on Xbox and message the killer directly with a GG and a smiley face. I can understand what you mean about the GG on the computer. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@KatFever78 said:
    I'm sorry I should have specified that I play on Xbox and message the killer directly with a GG and a smiley face. I can understand what you mean about the GG on the computer. 

Yeah, that definitely makes it look like you were mocking him. Killers on console get more abuse than on PC due to direct messages.

• KatFever78
    Options
    Orion said:

@KatFever78 said:

Yeah, that definitely makes it look like you were mocking him. Killers on console get more abuse than on PC due to direct messages.

Really? I don't mean it that way at all, but good to know. ☹️
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@KatFever78 said:
    I've played so many matches and sent the killer a GG afterwards only to not receive it back. I don't care if I was sacrificed or I escaped. If it was fair and a challenge I try to be nice. Why can't some people just send it back? If I play killer I always respond with the same. Just confused as to when this game stopped being fun and cordial. 🤔

There are a lot of killers that dont evne look at chat anymore since usually its just full with camper insults and that kind of stuff.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

If you are going to say gg, try to keep it lowercase if you have good intentions. Capitalized "GG"s look toxic and are only really used by jerks, the ignorant, or the (you know who) cultists in which it is followed by a EZ (and sometimes BOI).

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    Options

normally they just left ( survivors) of start tell me how to play hag, i have to see gg 2 months now.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Funny.
    I NEVER get a gg from Survivors that died.
    NEVER!

I wonder why your Killers won't either...

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Options
    The gg doesn't find you but it is within you find the gg. *bow* Namizgay
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

A gg means good game. The killer can say gg if they found the game to be good and fun or however the killer defines good. When I play survivor, even if I get out I won't say gg unless it was a tense interesting match against a good killer who put pressure on the map. I won't say gg to a killer who had no pressure in the game cause it is not fun and no need to say gg. Now when I play killer if I don't kill anyone I usually say ggwp cause I always have fun with killer no matter how bad I would lose. The survivors play well I give them wp. Now if I kill everyone with 5 gens up I never say gg cause it was to easy. You have to see it from both sides to determine if the game was good for you personally or not.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

I always try and say gg but I never say ez unless it's in a response to one directed at me as an insult. I'll say gg whether i've escaped or not if it was indeed a gg and I'll banter on both sides as well.

I find I get less gg's from killers then I do when I'm a survivor or as a killer, and toxicity wise you'll likely get more as a killer since it's 4 v1 so that's chances instead of 1.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    On Xbox I try to strictly regulate my GGs to when I die, that way when so message the killer, it seems true. 
  • Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    Options

I ignore most comments from survivors, i tend to assume its all salt. Ill give a "thumbs up" to a survivor i feel played well ... other than that i stay silent and go on my merry way.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited December 2018
    Options

I send GG to all killers and survivors that weren't toxic during the game. Most times I get one back, but this salty Wraith yesterday replied with "nty" after we all escaped in a rather close game. He had NOED too, and had someone hooked and someone slugged when the gates were open. If he pressured us a bit more he could have got 2k or 3k. Instead he let the slug crawl away, then when I got him up he left the hook, my buddy made the save with BT and we all ran out the gate. Like man up and take the L, you made a mistake own it.

Survivors can be just as bad. The scrubby ones that run out in front of me while injured and on last hook get mad I tunneled them. Like bro, you basically let me kill you. Or the ones that get mad when someone DC's, I usually go easier on the rest if it was early in the game. But when I still come out with a 4k they get salty about it, like I have control over someone leaving. I played nice with you, I coulda bodied the group much harder but I didn't because I want a fun game.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

Type Good game if you mean that. I’ve had people who I really loved playing with suddenly get angry and cuss me out for typing just “gg” because they interpreted it as “get good”.

I “gg” survivors who save or heal me, and killers who don’t camp. Unless I’m the obsession, then I expect to be tunneled. Lol

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649
    Options

As killer, I usually give a "GG" and it's lost in the ether somewhere with no response. As survivor, I'll give a "GG" and it's usually lost in the middle of a lengthy and expressive toxic and/or salty exchange between everybody else so I tip-toe away awkwardly to the next game. It's weird.

• thesuicidefox
    edited December 2018
    Options

@xmenfanatic said:
    Type Good game if you mean that. I’ve had people who I really loved playing with suddenly get angry and cuss me out for typing just “gg” because they interpreted it as “get good”.

I “gg” survivors who save or heal me, and killers who don’t camp. Unless I’m the obsession, then I expect to be tunneled. Lol

I feel like these players are either not gamers or maybe young gamers. Anyone who plays games online will know GG means "good game".

@GT_Legend2 said:
    On Xbox I try to strictly regulate my GGs to when I die, that way when so message the killer, it seems true. 

Didn't I play against you yesterday? You were Myers on Church right? You got a 3k and I escaped through the hatch. Dude you had like 10 tier 3's that game LOL. I'm like "how the hell is he getting t3 so fast!?!"

• xmenfanatic
    Options

@thesuicidefox said:

@xmenfanatic said:

I feel like these players are either not gamers or maybe young gamers. Anyone who plays games online will know GG means "good game".

That’s good to know, thanks! Dead by Daylight is my first coop online experience, so it’s good to hear I haven’t been insulting people all this time, lol!

• PapaAndrei
    PapaAndrei Member Posts: 72
    Options
    I get 2-3 legit “gg” most every game. And usually a few nice laughs when I make silly jokes or compliment a play.

favorite thing is if survs are in exit gate, i just chainsaw walk backwards at the entrance, from one side to the other, its just silly and fun and causes some laughs.
  • MezzaMind
    MezzaMind Member Posts: 39
    Options

I think it depends on your rank also. At rank 1 (and OCE region mind you) I see sincere gg's nearly every game from every player. In saying that, most of the people I get matched with know eachother.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

@MezzaMind said:
    I think it depends on your rank also. At rank 1 (and OCE region mind you) I see sincere gg's nearly every game from every player. In saying that, most of the people I get matched with know eachother.

Yea when you get players that understand the game they will give you a legit GG because they get it.

• KatFever78
    Options
    I appreciate all of the comments on this. I'm going to continue to give a gg. If they answer they answer. If they don't at least I know I was trying to be nice. 
  • Orion
    Options

@KatFever78 said:
    I appreciate all of the comments on this. I'm going to continue to give a gg. If they answer they answer. If they don't at least I know I was trying to be nice. 

And they'll think you were being an #########, so clearly you care more about how you think you're coming across than how you're actually coming across...

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    Options

I always write "gg".
    But when i win games,
    survivors just write "nice tunneling and camping".
    I could understand that.
    But not when i play Freddy.

• xmenfanatic
    Options

Though you mean well Kat, Orion is an in life example of someone who would take offense be it because they have gotten a lot of online harassment in the game, or whatever other reason. I won’t claim I know the source.

But if you feel compelled to wish someone a good game, maybe type out more then the two letters. Even if it’s a universal form of communication in gaming, it will save hurt feelings if you type out a sentence to add context.

The intentions are good, but it’s also important to not do something that makes YOU feel good that’s optional if it may negatively effect others

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited December 2018
    Options

I feel theres a pretty big difference between telling someone GG, and trying your hardest to disrespect them in game and then saying GG at the end. Congratulating others on good performance is a core aspect of sportsmanship, but using it as a way to try to absolve poor behavior is completely different. Unfortunately I see it far worse from survivors than I do killers, but killers can be just as bad at times. I'd much rather have an actual good game and lose, vs a crappy game and get an insincere gg at the end.

TBH this is likely a very big source for why so many X mains hate Y players. It's a constant cycle of harassment.

• Orion
    Options

@xmenfanatic said:
    Though you mean well Kat, Orion is an in life example of someone who would take offense be it because they have gotten a lot of online harassment in the game, or whatever other reason. I won’t claim I know the source.

But if you feel compelled to wish someone a good game, maybe type out more then the two letters. Even if it’s a universal form of communication in gaming, it will save hurt feelings if you type out a sentence to add context.

The intentions are good, but it’s also important to not do something that makes YOU feel good that’s optional if it may negatively effect others

It would depend on the context. My point is, if the OP's intention is to say GG, then they have to keep in mind that it will not always be perceived as they think it will. If their intention is to actually get their point across, they should use something else.

• Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184
    Options

People only say gg when they win.

• thesuicidefox
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Orion said:

@xmenfanatic said:

It would depend on the context. My point is, if the OP's intention is to say GG, then they have to keep in mind that it will not always be perceived as they think it will. If their intention is to actually get their point across, they should use something else.

If you take GG as anything toxic chances are you are the toxic one. GG NO RE or GG EZ is a different story. Most people won't say GG if they are going to be toxic or disrespectful post-trial.

You can't prove someone was disrespecting you during a trial. If they FL, teabag, gen tap in your face, none of that means anything because there are legit reasons to do it. Save another survivor. Get the killer's attention. Keep a gen from regressing. The only possible legit sign of disrespect during the game is if they teabag while running out the gate. That's pretty much the only time you can point at them as say "you were toxic in the game" because there is no tactical reason to do this.

Like I can literally say this about anything. I say "fun game" you can take it as me being sincere or me being toxic. If I say NOTHING and just leave you can take it either way too. Just like you will probably take this post and think I'm attacking you or being toxic towards you. It's all in your head bro, maybe stop assuming other's intentions and just take stuff at face value. You will find yourself enjoying the online experience way more.

• Ryuhi
    Options

Time to use your logic against you: "If you think things like FL, teabag, gen tap in your face, aren't toxic, chances are you are the toxic one." there's a pretty big difference between distraction and provocation. The reason killers especially find it annoying is because they are stuck in that game until the last person either dies or leaves. When a killer does something bm to a survivor, its a lot easier to just die and move on to the next one. Killers don't get that luxury, so of course they're going to get more annoyed by repeated signs of disrespect.

At the end of the day, the argument wouldnt even exist if people didn't act like douches to each other ingame, but here we are.

• KatFever78
    Options
    Ok, so I'll play the game, win or lose, move on to the next game without saying a word, and just continue on with that. I mean, I wouldn't want to offend anyone by saying something like gg.
    But seriously, if I have to type out a book explaining why I said gg so the killer doesn't get offended then I may as well not type it at all. People are looking to be offended by anything these days. If you claim I'm only thinking about myself when I try to be friendly then you must not know about manners. I understand that you've been harassed by some players, but I'm not some players. To lump everyone into the same toxic category is unfair.
    In the end, I will continue to say gg. If you get offended that's your problem. 
  • thesuicidefox
    Options

@Ryuhi said:
    Time to use your logic against you: "If you think things like FL, teabag, gen tap in your face, aren't toxic, chances are you are the toxic one." there's a pretty big difference between distraction and provocation. The reason killers especially find it annoying is because they are stuck in that game until the last person either dies or leaves. When a killer does something bm to a survivor, its a lot easier to just die and move on to the next one. Killers don't get that luxury, so of course they're going to get more annoyed by repeated signs of disrespect.

At the end of the day, the argument wouldnt even exist if people didn't act like douches to each other ingame, but here we are.

"Signs of disrespect" are in your head most of the time. More often than not survivors are just doing things survivors should be doing. Like how many killers get mad about body blocking hooks? You shouldn't, because if I block the hook and keep a guy alive that's good for me. If you hit me I get points for it too. Yet killers take this tactic as toxic.

If someone is trying really hard to annoy you for attention it doesn't automatically mean they are BMing you. It means they are trying to get you to chase them so others can do stuff. It's that simple. Killers make up most of this ######### in their heads and get salty about essentially nothing.

• Ryuhi
    edited December 2018
    Options

I'm actually a survivor main, so I know when its good strategy and BMing. Ironically, the main reason I barely play killer is because of the attitudes of your average survivor, it makes the game unbearable, and is a very large part of why a lot of killers are so vocal about their grievances on this board. Your last sentence heavily implies you haven't gotten stuck in games as killer with survivors BMing you, so why do you feel the need to weigh in?

• thesuicidefox
    Options

@Ryuhi said:
    I'm actually a survivor main, so I know when its good strategy and BMing. Ironically, the main reason I barely play killer is because of the attitudes of your average survivor, it makes the game unbearable, and is a very large part of why a lot of killers are so vocal about their grievances on this board. Your last sentence heavily implies you haven't gotten stuck in games as killer with survivors BMing you, so why do you feel the need to weigh in?

I have, but I'm not going to get salty at every instance of body blocking or teabagging because of 1 ######### from 10 games ago.

Good assumptions so far. 👍

• Ryuhi
    Options

@thesuicidefox said:
    Killers make up most of this ######### in their heads and get salty about essentially nothing.

@thesuicidefox said:
    Good assumptions so far. 👍

• thesuicidefox
    Options

@Ryuhi Are you trying to say I'm a hypocrite? I mean you're the one sitting here assuming that someone is BMing you by saying GG and doing whatever in a game. There is such a thing as trying to get your opponent flustered, you can still be a good sport at the end of the game though.

• Ryuhi
    Options

trying to get your opponent flustered is literally BMing. What part of that don't you understand? Distraction is good, provocation is not. You don't just wash the latter away with two letters.

• thesuicidefox
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Ryuhi said:
    trying to get your opponent flustered is literally BMing. What part of that don't you understand? Distraction is good, provocation is not. You don't just wash the latter away with two letters.

So if I have a FL and click-click at you because it clearly annoys you as a means to keep you distracted it's automatically BMing because you are annoyed at something dumb and I took advantage of it? And then afterwards I can't say GG and be sincere? You would never survive in competitive gaming dude. I've seen people who are the nicest guys in the world become complete ######### during a game JUST to get under their opponents skin. But after the game is over they all shake hands and say GG and let it slide because it's part of the game. Man the ######### up, stop being a baby. Holding a grudge because someone did something that could be construed as toxic during a game is what's actually toxic about the situation.

• Ryuhi
    edited December 2018
    Options

And then afterwards I can't say GG and be sincere? You would never survive in competitive gaming dude.

I've been into a variety of fighting games for decades, and I can assure you that people do not act this way in person. Funny enough, stuff like teabagging in fighting games and taunt spamming only happens in online matches. Wonder why? That said, I am also no stranger to good tactics being frustrating, which is exactly why I excluded it (again, distraction vs provocation.) The lengths you're going to to insult me isnt really making a good case for you not being a toxic player, btw.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

I used to run game tournaments dude. For like 8 years, multiple games multiple genres. Fighters, shooters, racers, Madden, etc. I can assure YOU that people do indeed act this way in person. It's far less common then it is online, namely because there is a chance you might get smacked across the face for it, but there are PLENTY of players that trash talk during an eSports game then shake hands and are cool afterwards. The FGC is actually one of the better communities in this regard, probably because it's all solo. When you get team games like shooters people have less fear of being an ass. Come to a Gears event and you will see exactly what I'm talking about.

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735
    Options

I enjoy reading nothing instead of a GG or anything else.

• Ryuhi
    Options

I dont understand what point you're trying to make... because people are admittedly toxic in other games, that makes it ok for you to be toxic here? Why would you want to bring bad sportsmanship to the lowest common denominator?

• thesuicidefox
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Ryuhi said:
    I dont understand what point you're trying to make... because people are admittedly toxic in other games, that makes it ok for you to be toxic here? Why would you want to bring bad sportsmanship to the lowest common denominator?

Dude this is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not being toxic towards you, you are ASSUMING I am. OMG I called you a baby, wow I'm soooo toxic. Yep. You should camp and mori me because of how much I provoked you with my bad manners. Seriously man, get over it.

GG means GOOD GAME. End of story. If you take it as anything else you are the toxic one. Someone can "BM" you during the game and still say GG sincerely afterwards, and if you are good sport too you would say GG back. It's part of the game. Stop taking offense to ######### that isn't real.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

Post-game chat toxicity has led me to just close the chat box and keep my sanity.