We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

The addon economy on live is broken - the prestige changes help fix it.

Ganoniroth
Ganoniroth Member Posts: 24
edited June 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Right now on live, the addon economy is completely broken. BP is being given out like candy on halloween with the current event. In addition, BHVR as of late has been doing frequent bloodhunt events, double BP daily quests, and new BP codes almost every week. This has flooded the economy with BP in an attempt to help with the perk grind. We've grown accustomed to being able to bring whatever item and addon we want every single match, no matter the rarity. Dead by Daylight is not balanced around bringing purple and green addons/items every single match. In comes the new prestige system...

1. Once you hit level 50 you need to spend 50k BP to advance to the next prestige. This is not optional - there is no more infinite level 50 webs.
  2. This makes perks significantly easier to acquire, but with the consequence of rare addons being harder to acquire, since a reset bloodweb spawns rare addons less frequently.

This is overall a good change and healthy for the game. As time passes and people spend their amassed addons, we will begin seeing less and less matches with purple medkits, kitted out green toolboxes, double range nurse, etc.

You should not be relying on bringing purple/green addons/items every single match. Brown addons/items are meant to be your every game bread and butter. Purples and greens are treats you should only be able to enjoy every so often.

Comments

• Mistwolf
    Mistwolf Member Posts: 7

As I’ve been reading the criticisms of the new progression system, I’ve been thinking along the same lines as you.

”Rare and ultra rare add ons are going to become more scarce!”, I’ve read. Yeah, but shouldn’t rare and ultra rare be just that: rare and ultra rare?

“Certain killers are reliant on those purple and red add ons and need them to be competive!”, I’ve read. Well, that’s an inherent problem with the killers, not the progression system. Those killers should be taken a look at and have their powers and/or more common add ons tweaked so that they aren’t so reliant on less common add ons.

“We shouldn’t have to pay 50k Bp when we are forced to prestige!”, many have said. I agree with that, and I wouldn’t be surprised if BHVR lowers the cost or outright abandons it before it goes live.

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 517

Ultra rare is just a term used in many games, sometimes it's "legendary", but doesn't mean actually that rare. I mean, if an ultra rare add-ons was really ultra rare, then most people would never unlock it once in their lifetime.

Overall, even iridescent add-ons shouldn't be really that strong. They should be a little more rare, but you should be able to spam them if you want to.

It doesn't sound very healthy to give a serious advantage just because of an item or an add-on. Now come on, as it is, purple med kits and flashlights are already very scarce. I shouldn't be losing basically 10 hours of grinding just because the killer has lightborn/Franklin.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,250
    edited June 2022

The fact that many killers are reliant on rare and very rare add-ons is of course a balancing issue and not an issue with the add-on economy.

But fixing the add-on economy without addressing the underlying balance problems first or at the same time, is an issue in itself.