Furtive chase buff/rework

Le_Turbine
Le_Turbine Member Posts: 11
edited July 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Currently, furtive chase is a niche perk since it gives a weak reward for constantly hooking obsessions. My suggestion would be that the obsession is always with the oblivious status effect for the remainder of the trial like a Perma Nemesis effect. After gaining a stack the same way it does know, it gives the killer the undetectable status effect for X amount of time after starting a chase, this time increases depending on the number of stacks you have. The switch obsession mechanic stays and the new survivor is now oblivious. This change would make chasing the unhooker easier to catch unnoticed and spread the damage, the undetectable during chase could cause confusion when chasing near multiple players. The amount of time you are undetectable could be the stat that is affected by perk tiers for ei 20/25/30 seconds per stack. (The amount of time could be tweaked obviously)

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Having a rescuer be Oblivious until they are hooked sounds interesting. Kind of like a reverse Plaything.

A possible rework of Furtive Chase that I like is that for every unhook it gains a token and each token grants you a small permanent movement speed increase, say +0.5 - 1.0% per token. So the more you hook and unhook the faster the killer gets. I think ultimately if the perk on average gives you about 5-10% total boost once its ramped up that’s probably good enough to use, it would be equivalent to a permanent stack or two of Play With Your Food but only for the endgame and only if you are hooking survivors.

• Blazelski
    Blazelski Member Posts: 351

Good idea!