Insidious needs a rework

Options

For the next update the devs have indicated that they wanted to discourage camping, which is in my opinion a great idea and a healthy change for the game, but among the changes I was surprised that insidious didn't get a rework.

For a perk that entirely revolves around camping I find it weird that it was left untouched.

Since insidious doesn't and probably never will have any other use than camping a rework would be welcome to furthermore discourage camping, especially for Insta-down killer (looking at you Bubba) and improve the new player experience since most of them aren't aware of the perk existence.

Comments

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

I think it's funny.

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446
    Options

Nah, the problem is Bubba's power. And when his TR disappears, everyone knows what is going on...

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Insidious isn’t the reason Bubba face camping is a problem.

I agree though that as it stands Insidious could use a revamp. It feels like it’s way too hard to get any value of the perk outside of that oddball Bubba face camp scenario. Basically most of the time if you’re standing still as a killer you’re doing something wrong so the payoff for standing still to activate a perk has to be really significant.

Maybe it could be as simple as reducing the timer on Insidious maybe from 2 seconds to 0.5 second? Or keep the timer at 2 seconds but add a short range aura reading ala Scratch Mirror Meyers? Just something to make it feel more effective.

• HagathaSimmons
    HagathaSimmons Member Posts: 236
    Options

I’m surprised it wasn’t changed this time around 👀.

they probably have another big rework patch saved up for next mid chapter