Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

To lunge or not to lunge

TheMadCat
TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I know it might sound dumb, but when should I lunge? When should I only tap M1 to hit someone? And, for Spirit (as I'm trying to learn and actually started to play her this week), should I lunge or tap M1 after phasing?

Best Answer

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    Answer ✓

That’s true, but you also need to consider a couple of weaknesses of lunging

• Lunging has a narrower arc to hit the survivor, so if they’re juking to the side there’s a higher chance of it missing then if you do a quick attack
    • Survivors can both see and hear you start a lunge before the swing happens so it is definitely possible for them to trigger Dead Hard the instant they detect it happening and the attack will be blocked. Or they can do a 360 as it starts and just make it harder for you to track the swing (though not impossible)

So if you think either of those concerns might make you miss you should consider just continuing to moving closer to the survivor to do a quick attack instead. If you’re fairly sure the survivor won’t block or dodge the attack though then lunging is fine. 👍

Answers