The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why in the HELL does Hillbilly still have an overheat system?

2»

Comments

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

He literally only needed instasaw backrevving to be removed. They salted the earth so bad even his animations make you feel drunk while trying to saw people.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

It's dangerous when BHVR gets bored

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Oh he needed nerfs in some areas, the instasaw for instance. The overheat is completely uneccesary tho

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 541

Spirit Enduring instasaw billy was boooorrrinnngggg as hell to go agasint, crack billy/ curve billy was fun to face however.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,069

But he did slow down from revving his chainsaw, so people who play him well wouldn't be doing that all the time, only at times where it would lead to them getting the survivor. Revving your chainsaw all the time around the whole loop, or braindead as you call it, is what noobs would do, and they would not get rewarded by playing like that except against other noobs.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I call recall a total of one person who thought Billy needed nerfed. The only complaint was insta saw Billy.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

If I remember correctly this was added to prevent unlimited chainsaw face camping.

Where Hillbillies would just stand in front of the hook revving their chainsaw indefinitely so survivors weren’t even able to trade off hooks.

There you go.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,089

I remember the thread because it had such ionic name.

this is thread on "old billy" in year 2019. I think most complained about billy were about his facecamping capacity. same as leatherface in today's standards, but yeah some complained about his charge time add-ons, suggesting he should be 110% m/s(like huntress)..... looks at his tuning guide with 4.4 m/s drawback. i'd say the no drawback mobility is tied to his ability to rush hooks when a survivor gets unhooked, so I'd say overheat is trying to limit this gameplay.

I think that sums up to why billy is the way he is today. 4.4 tuning guide, long charge times to make unhooking easier, overheat to limit mobility usage.

I just don't think that balancing around a killer facecamping is good balancing. If anything, the survivors should have many perks to nerf crap out of that gameplay to the ground and killer should be empowered to get kills through winning chases and playing to acquire the classic 3 hook condition.

I'd say in billy case, for him to do that gameplay, they'd have to remove 4.4 drawback from his purple tuning guide add-on and I would also remove his -charge time drawback from his green engraving and yellow doom engraving as these add-on are designed for curving but just make his curving worse by increasing the charge time of his chainsaw. I understand that some billy use it with lopro chains, but I'm not joking that the best billy is the billy that just doesn't run any add-on at the moment.

In my opinion, overheat mechanic is just sort of a joke mechanic that doesn't do anything, I don't get why anyone really talks about it. I think only time where this mechanic does anything is if you run drift billy which just a meme/troll build that revolves around using double stearing add-ons and driving chainsaw randomly around the map to snipe people. a more effect drift billy is just playing Oni with demon dash but whatever.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,454

If youre constantly trying to curve some one, sprint to a location where no one is, missing your hits, all of these are misusing your power.

This isnt something unique to Billy either, 2 killers hes compared quite a bit is Oni and Blight, 2 killers who also get punished for misusing their power.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

No I wanna know where I said that it was the only reason it was added.

Those were your exact words, no?

• Mister_xD

That would be the context behind it.

OP asks "why does Billy have overheat?"

You answer "so he can not hookcamp with a 99%ed chainsaw anymore"

To which I answered "that was not their main concern, otherwise they would have made it work more like Bubbas which was designed specifically to avoid hook camping, while Billys was aiming at nerfing his map mobility and missed hit recovery"

And then you went on a huge (and honestly pretty unnecessary) rant over Bubba and Billys chainsaw balance and started bringing a whole ton of stuff into this that has nothing to do with the topic we're on, which leads us to where we are at right now.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited July 2022

Oh so you didn't have evidence. Got it.

A rant over Bubba? Wth? I never even once brought up Bubba, you did buddy. It was the only time I mentioned him... to which I have yet to see a response because you know damn well Billy wouldn't work like Bubba.

Maybe learn to read or go back to school.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939

It was added because years ago survivors would complain that Billy could zoom across the map and create pressure so they added the overheat so he couldn't do that anymore.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,069

That's a can of worms you don't want to open. You can justify just about anything as "misusing" your power. Deathslinger gets rewarded for misusing his power by shooting healthy survivors through holes to break the chain and injure them. Huntress gets rewarded for misusing her power by the survivors having to dodge which loses them distance. Trapper gets punished for misusing his traps by placing them in obvious spots which survivors disarm.

• Mister_xD

Bro it's a simple question - answer scenario. OP asked a question, you answered, I pointed out the answer was incomplete. It is literally that simple.

to which I have yet to see a response because you know damn well Billy wouldn't work like Bubba.

And you will not be getting a response to that because that's exactly the rant I'm talking about. You are completely off topic with this.

I never once claimed these two Killers were the same or would function the same way, all I did was bring Bubba in as an example for how Hillbillys overheat would function IF the main concern was to not let him camp with the chainsaw. Because Bubbas overheat was designed specifically to stop him from camping and nothing else, while Billys overheat also nerfs him in other aspects. That is all I said, yet you managed to turn it into a balance debate on both of them because you were reading way too much into my original comment, as I have already pointed out earlier.

You are literally arguing with yourself on this topic and you don't even realize it.

Also, this will be my last response to this. I have better things to do with my time than repeatedly telling you how far off topic you are.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I didnt play BIlly in a long ass time but I never really had problems with the overheat. It just seems to me ppl here are overreacting. I curve also alot, I am not a god curve billy but I do know my standart stuff and I do use the chainsaw alot in a game and NEVER have any issues with the overheat. I dont even notice is at times cuz its that much of an difference. Not even using any addons, I just stick with spiked boots and piggy house gloves cuz its fun.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,438

If overheat is barely noticeable why on earth are you using piggy house gloves, an addon that exclusively works while overheated?

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

because through that addon I kinda want to overheat which again... is even an effort at times then it is worth. Point is stop whining about it like it destroys billy. Some ppl really need to calm down here.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,438

Nah what destroyed billy was new map design and meme addons overcharge is just an added mechanic to annoy you.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited July 2022

Yes you brought up Bubba as an example of how Billy's overheat should work and I gave you a video example of why it wouldn't work. Yet claim I somehow brought up Bubba as a rant:

^Yes that's you mentioning Bubba for the first time in this thread. The only reason I went into it is because of you insisting that Billy's overheat mechanic could work like his.

Do you even play killer? Or read your own stuff for that matter? LOL

Yeah you DO have better things to do, like learning how to read.