Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Self Unhook success into 2nd hook state

Ramanga
Ramanga Member Posts: 48
edited July 2022 in Bug Reporting

I'm not sure if this is something new/working as intended but if you self unhook, and the first two fail, and the third would put you into the 2nd hook state, then a success on the third attempt still leads to the 2nd hook state, even though you are off the hook.

In other words, the cost of failing is applied even though it was successful.

Note that I waited a bit before I started attempting to unhook.

4 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Tb2k
    Tb2k Member Posts: 7

no, this is not a bug. in general getting off the hook you get put into the next unhook state, getting off the hook via a successful unhook is no different.

unless i'm reading this wrong, this is a base game mechanic. maybe you mean it has even though you get unhooked via self unhook it triggers the 2nd state and keeps you on the hook?

• some_guy1
    some_guy1 Member Posts: 694

if you start the unhook yourself action and it hits struggle phase during the action, your hook phase will change no matter if you unhook yourself or not

• Ramanga

No, what I meant, was, if anyone other than myself would have taken me off the hook, I would have had 1 hook tally mark. Because I did the self unhook, I had two hook tally marks, because the hook meter cost of a failed self unhook was subtracted even though it was a success.

• Ramanga

It would not have hit struggle phase based on time alone.

• Ramanga

So I had the opportunity again to test this out, where my hook progress was about to transition from first hook state to second hook state, and I initiated a self-unhook which ended up being successful. This time, it did not levy the cost of a failed unhooking and I escaped with only one hook tallied.

So, whichever is the correct way, one of these two situations was a bug.

This was prior to today's patch btw.