Lets be honest the p3 reward sucks.

Plattypus
Plattypus Member Posts: 25
edited July 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

The P3 reward sucks. You get a ######### backround in your character menu that only you can see.

Thats the reward you get for spending thousands of hours in the devs game.

I want something like a special outfit or a special prestige frame.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Even just shards would be better tbh. At least I can put them towards a cool cosmetic or something

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,636

Yes, it does.

But then again, when it comes to DBD these days, it is hard to find something that doesn't sucks.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

I'm curious to see something, was it you that had the customized backgrounds for killers taken from their lore?

If so, can you post a screenshot of what that stupid effect will look like on customized portraits? I think it's going to create a very ugly effect for anyone who customized those portraits on pc.

I cannot really understand how they looked at that reward and thought "Yeah, that'll do, I'd be happy with that"

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

Meh lol

I think they're fine. The fact that they're giving any rewards actually says a lot, as a lot of games just don't.

There's tons of games, most in fact, where they'll make big changes like that and the only thing they give you is maybe a free character Respec, which is more annoying than helpful most times.

Not only are they creating free stuff, they're doing exactly what they said they would. It would be a personal reward for prestiging prior to the update, and would not be a skin or shards or anything like that. They stated that when they announced it lol

Heck most games you'd be lucky to get anything for playing thousands of hours.

Even stuff like call of duty. You play for thousands of hours and prestige multiple times and get what? A tiny little icon next to your name.

I think people should stop being greedy and just be appreciative that they're getting anything at all, when they aren't required to do any of it.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

It's better than the golden sparkles.

I'm still annoyed it's not a flair for your endgame icon. The way it was announced felt misleading and I don't see the point for a legacy reward that only you yourself can see - after all, you already know your own bragging rights.

I'm a little skeptical of portrait-style rewards because even if you have the whole roster P3ed right now, when new characters continue coming out, it's going to look choppy on your character select.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,636

Oh...I am afraid that wasn't me, my friend.

But it does sounds like an interesting idea.

• ElleGreen
    ElleGreen Member Posts: 1,063

Agree

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

I kind of like it.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

They don’t have to give you anything. But they did. And they said at the begging they weren’t doing cosmetics so i don’t know what the hell your complaining about

• akaTheBARON
    akaTheBARON Member Posts: 346

Thats the thing, a little icon next to someone's name like you mentioned they do in COD is LITERALLY what most people would prefer. In no way did they say "it would be something only you could see." They mentioned bragging rights and all that. Between a personal reward only I can see vs nothing, I would have chosen nothing. With this I'm just going to turn/keep it off, having an inconsistent character menu is just going to look bad, but at least I'm the only one who can see it I guess LOL. An endgame icon would have been SO easy.

The scratchmarks look better, I'll say that, but it wasn't so much how ugly it looked before, its that only you can see it.

• Plattypus
    Plattypus Member Posts: 25

"I'm a little skeptical of portrait-style rewards because even if you have the whole roster P3ed right now, when new characters continue coming out, it's going to look choppy on your character select."

you are so right i didnt even think about that... PLS Devs change that

• BubbleBuster
    BubbleBuster Member Posts: 387

if they would ve given me a checkmark next to my name in the after-game lobby, I would ve liked that more than the current rewards.

also when new characters release you will not have the p3 reward on them so it'll look ugly if all other characters have the p3 reward