If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Off the record.

Options
emetSdidnothingwrong
emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 285
edited July 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Okay so I have a major problem with this perk besides the obvious reasons people list so I'm going to explain why you cannot keep it as an 80s endurance, even if it turns off during the endgame. The reason is because if it exists in that state it will not cause people to not tunnel it will do the opposite, it will force you to ALWAYS hit the unhooked survivor. I think the endurance should be an absolutely maximum of 30s, if you need 80s to hide away from the killer then it is just an outright chase at that point. Please do not let this perk go through as is, I don't want to always have to hit someone off the hook just for the simple fact they MIGHT have the perk.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Is this topic off the record?

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 608
    Options

How will it force you to hit the unhooked survivor? Literally just hit the person who unhooked if you're that close. If someone with OTR active comes and gets up in your face then hit them and tunnel them if they want to be chased this isn't that difficult.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

you can't do gen, it's fine.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,213
    Options

I don't care much about it after they changed endurance stacking and disabled it in the endgame. It will replace DS + IW though. Fair enough I say. Equip STBFL if you notice survs stacking it and bodyblocking.

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 586
    Options

I don't understand why this forces you to smack the survivor if they have it. If that survivor is bodyblocking you to stop you from going after their team-mate, sure - but at that point, they're inviting you to stick to them rather than go for their team-mate, so tunnelling in that instance is something they're somewhat inviting you to do, and even if they have DS at this point, it's nerfed and 3s is hardly going to get them anywhere.

They can't do anything for 80s that progresses the survivor objective if they keep it - even if they decide to walk around for up to 80 seconds and follow you, that's not a bad thing - that's almost an entire generator's worth of time they've not progressed an objective.

We'll have to see it go live to see how it plays, but I'm not expecting that many issues from the killer side if survivors start trying to get aggressive with this perk, especially now that endurance doesn't stack - smack them as soon as they attempt to do it and go after them. If anything, I'm expecting it to lose survivor games more often than win them if they get aggressive with it.

• Babalonkie
    Babalonkie Member Posts: 153
    edited July 2022
    Options

To get the Endurance effect over early rather than when you are in a tight scenario.

It's exactly what i will be doing to prevent a wannabe hero blocking another survivor going down later.

Once that short base BT is over... it's hit time. Or if the base BT cancels the off the record endurance... insta hit time.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    edited July 2022
    Options

Thing is you can still hit the unhooked survivor to 'get it out of the way' early, and then go for the unhooker. The survivor you just hit will get a double speed boost, as well as having the sounds and scratchmarks obscured so they're still going to be the less viable chase unless the unhooker has literally vanished. (in which case as always, you have no option but to tunnel anyway)

• BubbleBuster
    BubbleBuster Member Posts: 387
    Options

while it is correct that if you want to counter OtR you need to hit the survivor that gets unhooked, here is a big counterpoint.

If they keep the Endurance for 80 seconds, they are not doing gens.

Sure they might use their OtR to bodyblock for the unhooker and that might be problematic. Right now i am fine with the perk as it is and we ll see how abusabl it is on live servers. If it s too broke i hope the devs do quick changes for once instead of letting it fester like DH.

• Seraphor
    Options

Right now, SWF groups can function perfectly fine and still get all their gens done, even if they have 2 or 3 survivors rushing the killer or stalking them for flashlight saves and hook sabotages. By denying the killer their objective, hooks, they can afford the designated gen repairer/s all the time in the world to smash out gens.

So no, 80s of not being able to touch a gen is not always a downside for survivors, they can be just as effective with a flashlight and a 360 juke now and then.

• BubbleBuster
    BubbleBuster Member Posts: 387
    Options

like i said, we'll have to see.

Endurance stacking got deleted and it no longer works after 5 gens are done.

it might be oppressive, it might be totally fine. Sure it looks like it s good for soloQ and will probably be abused by swf (like everything, lets be honest) but as of right now, it is all speculation.

I want to experience it first hand for maybe a week or 2 and if it is unbearable I hope BHVR finally does quick patches and tones done OP stuff like they should ve done forever ago.

• Seraphor
    Options

I don't think it'll be oppressive anymore with the nerfs since the PTB, but it will be as annoying as an unexpected DS, only you'll now have two states to watch out for this in, injured and dying survivors.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

Why would I hit someone right off the hook? If they run away with Off the Record active one of two things is going to happen.

1. They're going to perform a conspicuous action, and then they're fair game again.
    2. They're going to be so paranoid about being "tunneled" and not wanting to lose their endurance that they run around doing nothing.

If they don't run away with it and bodyblock with it, then fine,it's still gone.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,451
    Options

Solo survivors need it right now. If there was a way to keep SWFs to use some perks but..hey it's needed.

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601
    Options

Between the endurance stacking change and the deactivation during endgame, I honestly think the 80s is great at this point. There does need to be some manner of personal anti-tunneling perk to provide comfort to folks who REALLY hate being in that scenario of the hard tunnel, and those other changes to endurance I think lay the groundwork for OTR being able to do what it is being aimed to do without being oppressive.