My Ace is only prestige 6

I played for a while now and had managed to get all the stuff I could get my hands on for my Ace. He was not prestiged but was level 50 and had all the perks and a lot and when I say a lot I mean a lot of items. I am just disappointed he didn't get to reach prestige 9 or that he didn't even get the legacy color behind him. Am I the only one that happened to disappoint?

Comments

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

That sounds about right. That's where my Jeff was in the PTB and he was in the same boat. My understanding was you only got P9 by having actual prestige levels. Pre-patch. From the it was based on his many tiers' worth of perks you'd unlocked and the highest they could take you was 6.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I have never prestiged any character and all my survivors was 6 except Haddie. I don't think they can be more than 6 if you have not prestiged them ever.

• EntityNea
    EntityNea Member Posts: 186

I had unlocked every perk in the game**.

But I never cared about prestige, so I left them all at level 40.

Didn't know about the prestige changes until after the update dropped (i'm not active on social medias).

I have now lost access to all the perks that took 1000+ hours to unlock.

Great system!

• Zeidoktor
    edited July 2022

No you haven't. Everything you've unlocked should still be available and, unless I'm mistaken, now unlocked on tier 1, minimum, on all characters.

If it works the same as ptb, you should have the P1 reward without actually being P1.

To quote the patch notes:

Existing unlocked Teachable Perks will immediately grant access to Tier 1 of that Perk on all characters if no other mechanic has already granted access to the Perk 

• EntityNea
    edited July 2022

I have checked. I don't have the perks unlocked anymore. I do have the perks on Nea, because I had previously unlocked all of them in her bloodweb. But when going to any other character, it says their teachable perks are locked.

As I said, I had only gotten the characters to level 40 pre-update to unlock the teachables. After that I spent all bloodpoints unlocking the perks on 1 character. (it appears you needed to reach prestige 1 to be eligible to get boosted to prestige 3, which makes no sense since their teachables previously unlocked at level 40, not prestige 1)

Now after the update, all the characters besides Nea still sit at level 40, no prestige, and their level 1 teachables are locked. So I've gone from having all teachables unlocked, to now having them taken back.

• Zeidoktor
    edited July 2022

Their level 1 teachables are locked, and I saw the on PTB as well, but do they have the perks in their inventories? In other words, do your non-Nea survivors have a stock of yellow perks on them they didn't have before?

• EntityNea
    edited July 2022

Okay yeah, they have Rank 1 of every perk. But this may as well be the same as not having them. Rank 1 perks are terrible, and I am obviously not going to bring them into any match.

Out of 7 pages of perks, 5 pages and a little bit into the 6th page are yellow perks.

After spending all the bloodpoints the game asked from me in order to unlock all the perks, I am expecting these perks to be available to me at rank 3. But in order to get there now, I need to gain +110 additional bloodweb levels for every character again.

What really bothers me with how they handled the transfer, was that before the update I could have just gained +10 levels for every character and it would have boosted them all to prestige 3. The fact that they have the threshold prestige 1 instead of simply having the perks unlocked is extremely aggravating since by previous standards, players who had reached level 40 had done everything they needed to unlock the perks.

Edit: TL:DR;

If reaching Prestige 1 pre-patch boosts you to Prestige 3 post-patch, then reaching level 40 with each character pre-patch would be the equivalent of getting boosted to Prestige 2 with bloodweb level 40.

• Zeidoktor

"If reaching Prestige 1 pre-patch boosts you to Prestige 3 post-patch, then reaching level 40 with each character pre-patch would be the equivalent of getting boosted to Prestige 2 with bloodweb level 40."

No, it wouldn't. The catch up mechanic for characters who neve prestiged was based on how many perk tiers (that's tiers, nor perks) they unlocked. A level 40 character wouldn't have enough to hit the minimum fly P1 (70 tiers)

• EntityNea

it would indeed be the equivalent.

Pre-update, people who reached level 50 and clicked "prestige" would now be prestige 3.

Pre-update, people who reached level 40 for only the teachables, stay at this level without any prestiges.

The difference in grinding done between level 40 and prestige 1 is 10 levels, yet the people who stayed at level 40 are now 110 levels behind.

To make it a fair boost for anyone who put effort into grinding perks, people who stayed at level 40 should be put 10 levels behind those who reached level 50, which would bring the old level 40's into Prestige 2 level 40