Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Ghostface/Spine Chill Bugs Still Present Since PTB

rororoxor
rororoxor Member Posts: 182
edited July 2022 in Bug Reporting

Spine Chill doesn't need line of sight to activate, ghostface can stalk through walls, ghostface reveal range has been heavily decreased, discordance sometimes won't activate. I've reported these multiple times. Fix your game.

5 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Dsg4041
    Dsg4041 Member Posts: 75
    edited July 2022

Duplicate comment, delete

Post edited by Dsg4041 on
  • Dsg4041
    edited July 2022

• Dsg4041
    edited July 2022

• Dsg4041
    edited July 2022

• Dsg4041
    edited July 2022

• Dsg4041
    edited July 2022

• Dsg4041

Hello King Ping sensei and everyone :)

My thoughts -

The Discordance bug is very serious. Fingers crossed with it. 

—————-

King Ping, you should really reconsider your comment about the Reveal range. It may be entirely legitimate as part of the new Stalking and Reveal mechanics rework. 

Consider that they took away the old Driver’s License effect. There is now no longer any way to reduce the Reveal range to 24 meters. I was actually one of the Ghostfaces, High MMR as well, who actually ran it at times for that exact effect too. How do you think that makes me feel as someone who ran DL for the 24 meter Reveal range? What can I do about it now? 

In my matches against High MMR survivors who have certain strategies for each Killer, the tactic against Ghostface was to constantly Track, Harass and Stalk him all the way from 32 meters out, which eliminates his powers yet ALSO puts the Survivor at a really safe distance from his remaining M1 power. Also at 32 meters it was too easy for them to go from hidden to Reveal Ghostface back to hidden or harass. Now that they have to come closer than 32 meters, you as a Ghostface have more signals telling you you need to respond in some way: do you back off and value your stealth or do you let them use the much easier and fairer Reveal mechanic on you.

It also makes perfect sense that Ghostface, a Killer with telephoto lens and cameras in his lore and his add ons, should have a more respectable buffer range between his Stalk and Reveal range. Survivors should do the more normal thing which is to, you know, run and hide from the Killer and mess with his LOS intelligently. 

Finally, this was a Killer who was also 1) buffed for being too weak, 2) is now insanely easier to Reveal when within range like to stop his cheesey mid-chase Stalking (very fair), and 3) is literally still considered the worst Killer by quite a few talking heads like Tru3Ta1ent and more. 

The only compromise I would take is some type of two-way middle ground like 26 meters instead of 24 or 32. Even then I’d still want my old Driver’s License back at times. Don’t make me call the #GhostfaceHarassmentHotline again. :’(

—————-

I also saw the 1% stalking through walls bug a while ago. It might be stuck in concrete so to speak with the new Stalking and Revealing mechanics system. I never saw it go up to like 5% like you did but that’s still a lot of wasted time and out of control movement to build up Stalk that way. 

We should get rid of it, of course, but it doesn’t occur nearly enough to give Ghostface the other advantage, which is having a slightly more accurate Whispers/Spine Chill.

——————

​Yeah I tested Spine Chill as a Survivor and it seems to be exactly like the Whispers perk now, even with zero TR stealth Killers or Stealth Perks like Tinkerer. It is more powerful than old Spine Chill against Ghostface.

Very odd as it makes the Premonition Perk more useless and redundant than ever before. 

The only good news is that I notice many Survivors are not running Spine Chill because the vault speed boost is removed intentionally. So do they waste one slot to destroy only stealth killers and stealth perks, or do they use the slot for something more useful against the other 25 or so Killers and 86% other perks. Granted, even the 36 meter warning is still kinda useful against all Killers too. :’(

The reality is the reality though, and I’d still take on an omega Spine Chill sometimes or once in a while over the hot mess that was 32 meter Reveal-Stalking the Ghostface into uselessness every match.

———

Ghostfaces’s have rights too. Cheers everyone. :)