Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PC - Spinechill is alerting survivors of undetectable killers outside of line of sight

RpTheHotrod
RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,862

Here is a video showing the new spinechill. The killer is The Ghost Face and is facing away from killer shack. As long as the killer is within 32 meters anywhere regardless if he's looking in my direction or if I'm looking at his, I instantly know. This is making it impossible for stealth killers to sneak up on anyone - effectively removing their whole killer concept from the match.

6 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• rororoxor
    rororoxor Member Posts: 182

Thanks for bringing attention to this, it's been there since the ptb day 1 and still hasnt changed

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,862

Correction on my part. 36 meters, not 32.

Just some clarification, on the PTB, spinechill at least required line of sight so it wasn't so bad. This here is a flat bubble of 36 meters regardless of line of sight. Generally I think this is a bad idea even if it didn't affect undetectable, but that's another story. People can just run this and the moment it lights up, just run the opposite direction to a different gen. Guaranteed safety without ever having to keep an eye out for the killer is unhealthy for the game. That being said, this definitely shouldn't be triggering on undetectable. There's no way completely eliminating a killers unique power by using one perk is intentional. This has got to be a bug.