The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Game goes from skill based to killer sided in 1 day

13»

Comments

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

I love seeing the devs and game favor survivors when the entire game is built on Favor the Killer. The devs have been holding killer hands since day one. Even with the implementation of dedicated servers, they were too afraid to shift authority to the server, which is why hits are handled on The Killer's end. The one exception is a ping that exceeds 300 ms. Survivors have been at a tremendous disadvantage since day one when The Killer was the host and continue to be now because of Favor the Killer.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,877

That's because complaints don't look like complaints when you agree with them, they seem like obvious critiques. I feel like both camps complain in equal measure here.

• cmq
    cmq Member Posts: 5

This game just keep getting worse. The killers are way to op now. It's so unfair. Behavior just keeps buffing the killers and nerfing the survivors. And the killers keep playing cheap. Camp tunnel. I hope the game goes under soon cuz it's not even fun anymore.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,432

Relentless bait.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited July 2022

Again, its not "the killers" its Nurse.

If a Nurse is complaining sure thats unserious. However its not the same for say Sadako.

• TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495

The developers always treat this game like survivors are some AI and always baby the killers when they dislike something,

The developers always treat this game like Killers are some clowns and always entitled survivors when they dislike something.

Fixed that for you.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

What? Just... what? So much to unpack...

Dead Hard could not be faked if used for distance. If it was used to tank a hit, then it's actually stronger since you get the speed boost while the killer gets a longer cooldown. So you either used it for distance, meaning it cannot be faked, which means you're lying, or or you didn't, and... complaining still?

DS... okay, I think it got overnerfed. Disabling during endgame when a killer's sole objective is to secure kills was enough, but the stun reduction killed it.

Always baby the killers...?

1. It took how many years for DS to get a deactivation condition?

2. Dead Hard has been a reviled perk since it's release and is only *now* getting a change.

3. CoH is still a despised despite two nerfs, has little counterplay, and breaks the back of several killers but is STILL being left alone.

4. We have new maps that have honest to god true infinites when ran correctly (Haddonfield and Garden of Joy). If they're not infinites, then we have maps so stacked with resources that its viable to camp every pallet and W key way, and STILL have resources left over (Gideon and Eyre).

Complain about the patch if you want, but don't play the "Devs always pander to X side" card.

• feng_min_main2003
    feng_min_main2003 Member Posts: 86

Dude, no, killers are entitled because they feel like survivors should have no power and killers have all of it, the developers Literally only have ever played killer, they are killer mains and that's why the always cater towards killers that's why every time the killers whine they listen to them but if survivors do (they don't ) they are punished

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

And a lot of skill went into pushing 1 button to undo survivor mistakes and for them to gain distance, but it is funny how a lot of people are overreacting to this update its only been out short time and people are complaining about buffs/nerfs, take bloodlust it's been in the game for ages but now its a problem because they made the timer a bit shorter to get it.

If survivors want killers to go for more hooks/chases to get kills then something had to be done to slow down how fast gens were getting done and how long it could take a killer to down a survivor, there will always be people that camp and tunnel no matter what changes the devs do to try and fix it. Give the devs some time to get some real data and feedback with the changes to see what they will adjust, if survivors really want changes then they need to play the match not DC or kill them selves on hook it might suck but killers have had to do the same thing i.e DS killers had to deal with it for ages until it got changed to a good spot.

• Hyuu
    Hyuu Member Posts: 33
  • Hyuu

Of course survivors are complaining. The game has given bad killers training wheels like the reduced swing times, reduced pallet break speeds, and reduced distance gained for survivor after getting hit. Lets not also forget the MANY gen regression buffs which make doing gens in any map that isn't the game or badham literally impossible if you go against a Pop, DMS, Surge user

This update has made all the bad killers good and it shows. Anyone who says this game is fair is either lying to themselves to suck up to behavior or they are the bad killers that this update catered to. But its not that big of a deal as these changes are going to be reverted soon and you bad killers will have to actually have skill to win again.

• Hyuu

Hey did you know that maybe, just maybe you weren't actually going against good killers and that your MMR was so low you got paired with little timmy in ohio who hopped onto his brother's xbox? I played blight extensivly last patch (at least 300-400hours) and can easily say that without a doubt, the game was super ######### fair. DH could be baited and the only times in which it was broken was when the survivors used it for distance. But lets not forget YOUR crutch perk, NOED which even after this patch, is still not nerfed nearly as much as DH. But hey, thats what killer mains do. They cry and complain about DH, DS and any other perks then have the audacity to defend NOED.

• Keros
    Keros Member Posts: 33

Sounds like a skill issue man. I've been playing both sides and I'd say the only thing I have to complain about is the ungodly amount of blights I've gone against. The perk changes aren't the end of the world. You are over reacting to changes in a game. Relax

• Keros

You show no knowledge either man, all I've been reading from you are over exaggerations and whining because killer perks got buffed? Pretty sad tbh. Sounds like you need a break from the game buddy.

• Keros
  • Keros

Lmao dude if noed is still an issue for you then just do bones. Holyshit noed is so easy to counter especially now with the changes to it (which I think are great btw)

• Hyuu

Just do bones could easily be replaced with "just bait out dh" but you whiny killer mains would throw a fit when someone said that. NOED again, is still a crutch. Doing bones in a meta filled with boons and a longer gen timer is one of if not THE worst thing to do. But hey, I understand. You needed this update because you would do horribly in every one of your games if it didn't release.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

Yeah say whatever makes you feel better.

• GiveMeTheBox
    GiveMeTheBox Member Posts: 331

Stop complaining and adapt.

• NoTerrorRadius
    NoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 201

This is rather extreme, no? Just give it some time and make adjustments where needed. A little change never hurt anyone.