We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

What if a soft Devour Hope was basekit ?

Murgleïs
Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,068
edited July 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

A good way to prevent tunneling is giving the Killer better ways to win.

Basekit :

• After hooking 4 different survivors, a random totem is lite and Hex Devour Hope (basekit) becomes active. Every survivors are exposed until that totem is destroyed.

Current Devour Hope (Hag’s perk) would increase this effect and add the mori option once 2nd hook stage is reached.

Comments

• Murgleïs

They are not "simply playing the game", but actively avoiding tunneling. That will also reward survivors for cleansing totems early, or remembering locations.

I would like to discuss with players that provide arguments. Please don’t flood. Thanks

Please read the post, I am talking about a different, basekit version of Devour Hope that would give killers incentive to not tunnel.

• BubbleBuster
    BubbleBuster Member Posts: 387

i like that this idea rewards not tunneling.

i dont like that this doesnt deactivate when you tunnel anyways.

this makes facecamping the 4th guy you hook way too effective.

this looks like it s gonna make S-Tier killers a lot better AGAIN.

i think the reward is way too much.

conclusion: ######### no

• Murgleïs

OK so what if instead of a totem, you have a 60s exposed effect on everyone ?

• BubbleBuster
    BubbleBuster Member Posts: 387

thats has the same issues

1 hook stage is 60 seconds so it still buffs camping

good killers (nurse and spirit especially) can abuse it

it still activates when you tunnel as you can kill one guy quickly and then play against 3 survivors and randomly get exposed for 60 seconds

I think the idea is neat but there needs to be 1 billion restrictions that make this mechanic unintuitive to balance it. stuff like "you cant stay near the hook" "there need to be at least 4 survivors alive" "you cant hook the same person twice" "you are allowed to camp unless a survivor is nearby though" etc. etc.

neat idea but this looks too complicated to implement with exposed since exposed is really REALLY powerful.

maybe another effect? maybe something completely different?

or maybe scrap this idea. some ideas are sadly not meant to be. this might be a good buff for Grim Embrace though!

ideas to address tunneling and camping need to be intuitive, reward fun play while not punishing those strategies when they are totally valid. It is really difficult.

• Murgleïs

Hm you are right, maybe aura reading would be a better idea. I have to think about it.

• Murgleïs

Not tunneling is not being a good position. I win the huge majority of my games as Nurse, I have had winstreaks for weeks tbh because I play nasty as hell. Hooking 4 different survivors on purpose instead of securing kills would be throwing some match.

Maybe at your MMR, getting 12 hooks is a good idea, we don’t really play the same game lmao.

• brewingtea
    brewingtea Member Posts: 247
    edited July 2022

Doing this would have had absolutely no effect on the outcome of a single match I've played since the update.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 907

Besides the fact this is an abysmal suggestion your second suggestion completely counters your first. Why would you let someone off hook until they are second state if you could mori them once you have four hooks. Just camp someone to second state then walk away and let them be saved. Get 3 other hooks to activate a 'basekit' Devour and find that second state survivor and mori them.

Current devour is balanced by the fact that it can be cleansed before its activated because once its active it is extremely strong. What you are suggesting means survivors couldn't even cleanse it by chance and for the paltry cost of four hooks the whole team dies.

Secondly, cleansing five totems at the beginning of the match could work for SWF but not for solo. Again, another unfair advantage for them and on maps like RPD and Midwich totem spawns are varied and the maps are huge. It is not possible to quickly cleanse 5 totems, do gens, save off hook and be in a chase.

Thirdly, if this devour hope were basekit and totem cleansing was the only way to counter it, then teams would be forced to try and cleanse from the start. Naturally killers can just bring Hex Pentimento because they'd be guranteed to find broken totems. Another guaranteed win.

Lastly, killers like nurse, which I see you said you played, would be majorly overpowered. I'm surprised your strat is to play dirty with easily the strongest killer in the game. Nurse doesn't need to tunnel if you know how to play her. Already pairing her with starstruck usually secures a 4k and most times with 3-4 gens up.

I can just see a nurse main now, with Infectious Fright, zipping around the map and killing everyone with 5 gens left.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,203

Personally, the only thing I would do is add it so the killer gets a speed increase after hooking a survivor, said speed boost would go away when you enter chase with another survivor of course. It would help with killers that dont have good mobility, but not have any implications to be overwhelming in chase and such.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    edited July 2022

I definitely agree that killers should have some base kit incentive to hook all 4 survivors before anyone dies. It is good for the game. A reward like 2,000 bloodpoints in the Sacrifice Category would be good. This would be especially awesome if they added a base kit BBQ stack counter.

@feechima nuked your idea from orbit and I have nothing to add.

• Murgleïs
    edited July 2022

« I'm surprised your strat is to play dirty with easily the strongest killer in the game. »

I can play the way I want : I play for winstreaks mostly. I don’t care about your opinion on how I chose to play that killer.

For the rest, I did not read because I agreed earlier the exposed effect is too strong anyways and most survivors are too bad to handle it. Instead, aura reading would be a better idea.

2000 points is nothing. Some killers were not using BBQ before when it gave them up to 30k points…

• Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402

I think instead it either should be after hooking four survivors once you get to instant down the next survivor you hit with any attack, or make a built in effect that extends the end game like No Way Out being basekit, I think that'd be healthier.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104

@Murgleïs 2,000 points is not nothing. Currently if you get 12 hooks in before the EGC starts, you get a maximum of 8,400 points in the Sacrifice category, so we need something added in to get the new 10k cap.

We're talking base kit here, so asking for 2k is reasonable when you're not burning a perk slot on it.

Killers might not have used BBQ for a multitude of reasons. They might not care about the bloodpoints at all or they might not have owned Leatherface or picked up BBQ in the Shrine.

• Murgleïs
    edited July 2022

You are assuming killers are interested by bloodpoints. I really don’t think so (at least at my MMR). Unless you want very specific expensive addons, most players are fine with what they get from the bloodweb. 2000 points, for throwing (because not tunneling is sometimes throwing), which is not enough to buy a single good add on is too little. "If you get 12 hooks" who does that ? Even if you play "nice", the last survivors are probably going to die immediately on their hook without any unhook.

Imagine if you gave 2000bp to survivors for cleansing all the totems, do you really they would do it instead of repairing gens ? It’s kinda the same imho. It’s asking too much for too little.

• Nikatara69
    Nikatara69 Member Posts: 273
  • Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,092

That is way too much pressure to give out for free. You could only justify that with massive survivor buffs.