If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What do you mean boon totems can replace hex totems without cleansing them?

Options
Chiky
Chiky Member Posts: 598
edited July 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Seriously, #########?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,053
    Options

You also get the same amount of Bloodpoints for Cleansing a Hex that you would for Booning it (1,500)

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

Booning a hex is only a good move when you're trying to deny Pentimento or preserving an extremely valuable totem spot (to the point where it doesn't matter if the killer knows where the totem is, it's still inconvenient to reach.) Otherwise, it's a risky proposition that gives you ten more seconds to be interrupted, in a spot the killer is likely to check, and automatically tells the killer where your boon is if they were paying any sort of attention earlier.

• Chiky
    Options

so, you're telling me that cleansing a totem, and then using the boon thing takes less time? clearly that's not the case

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

What?

You can't cleanse then boon because there's nothing to boon. Cleansing takes less time than booning a hex totem period (it takes twice as long to boon than cleanse)

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,731
    Options

Uuuuhhhhh, yeah. Been like that since their introduction in October. As others have said, it does take longer to bless a hex than a dull so it weirdly works out.

• Chiky
    Options

that means I played against *another* hacker yesterday because it took them the time it took me to go around a rock for them to cleans and bless my hex totem, which was like 4 seconds at most, and I had my Hex: thrill of the hunt with 5 tokens...

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,408
    edited July 2022
    Options

If you had a full-stack thrill of the hunt then it should’ve taken them 56 seconds to bless your hex totem, 28 if they had just cleansed it. So if they did it in 4 then yeah they were cheating.

Even without thrill it would’ve been 28 to bless your hex or 14 to cleanse, so 4 seconds is way too quick to be legit anyways.

• Chiky
    Options

yeah

as i've never used a book perk idk how it works, so I thought it took only a couple of seconds...

That game was also weird because at the end of the game I had still 1 dull totem in the map and thrill of the hunt active (thrill had 2 tokens, the other 2 hex totems were destroyed/blessed) and NOED never got activated.

Even then, in other games with the same perks the survivors were taking way less than 56 seconds to cleanse/bless them.

I'm not sure if hex totems are bugged or what too or if certain maps have less totems... In maybe 2/5 games I play with the hag (which is the killer with the hex totems I use), I start the game with only 2 or 3 totems in the map...

Over all, I really think Hex perks and Boon perks need a rework.