Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Encourage unhooking other survivors more.

Don't you hate it when you're on Stage II on hook and everyone is doing a generator?

• Decrease Max Bloodpoint amount for doing generators.
  • Increase Max Bloodpoint amount for unhooking survivors.

Comments

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

Being an altruistic survivor is the easiest way currently to rank up and the quickest way to make blood points. People don't do it because of lack of information, not because they aren't rewarded for it. They don't want to run to the hook only to see someone beat them to it, or the killer was waiting for them there.

The problem isn't the reward, it is the risk of leaving the gen. When they add the soloQ buff, this will all but disappear as an issue.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

You don't want to encourage unhooking too much, or everyone just races each other to unhooks and gens don't get done. It's a huge efficiency problem... games where everyone is altruistic tend to go very badly.

Getting left to second stage is a solo queue information problem more than an issue with game balance in and of itself. If all those players could tell that everyone is on a gen/being chased/doing something that is not heading for the save, one of them will eventually get off and go for the unhook. And it helps close the gap between solo and SWF, because SWF knows that for free anyway.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 617

This is exactly why I always run Kindred. When I can see the auras of my teammates when someone is on hook, it helps me make an intelligent decision of whether to unhook or not.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561

it depends on the stage of the game for me, if Im about to pop a gen and the other survivor is at the other side of the map (I usually trust that another survivor who is closer will unhook) problem is that most of the times no one knows who is the closest survivor LOL kindred basekit maybe?

• BubbleBuster
    BubbleBuster Member Posts: 387

no

gens literally already give no BP. 1250 BP for doing a gen solo the MAIN OBJECTIVE. 1 unhook is worth more than 1 gen...

what we need is a communication system so all 3 other survivors dont think "someone else will go for the save" and then nobody goes.

• ChronoSeth
    ChronoSeth Member Posts: 55

One idea that could be possible for a basekit Kindred is that after 10 seconds of a survivor being hooked, survivors within 8m of them are revealed to all other survivors, increasing by 8m for every 10 seconds up to 128m.