Has BHVR turned their back or given up on the game?

Sluzzy
Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

It should be obvious by now that the last patch broke the game. Survivors, especially solo survivors, have no chance of winning against a buffed killer across the board. Matches I have witnessed survivors have stopped trying. Nothing was done to help the survivors in this patch, while massively buffing killers. After watching an hour of streaming this morning to get a little atmosphere of the climate of the game. Killer streamers waiting in long queues and steamrolling every single match. It was so boring watching killers 4K every match. Not sure how they had a thousand watching but they did.

Survivor perks are not working. OTR is being countered by hitting someone off the hook. Perks are too weak or not working.

Killer queues have crashed because so few wants to play in an unfun and unbalanced match.

I think they thought this patch would work because they listen to only killer mains and streamers. Unfortunately, this very small loud minority is not how the game should be played or who it should be balanced for.

Comments

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,386

Dude, honestly what is this title...?

Sorry, I'm not reading your text after such title.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

They care about the game, they just forgot solo q exists.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,334

They..."tend" to the game, in a way, they just don't know how to do the right things.

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 407
    edited July 2022

dead hard has been around for years. the change that effected kill rates were the boon totems not dead hard.

which is why coh got nerfed into the ground and only appears in 1 out of 3 matches now...

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    edited July 2022

It's been around for years but it took them years to make it work correctly

it also took years for people to finally figure out it was the best exhaustion perk in the game, which only got more prevalent when more killers were added that DH countered

The perk at 70%+ pick rate, no other perk was that high up.

Also COH is still the best healing perk in the game

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

Ya know when killers mention survivors are angry just because DH was nerfed?

Yeah it's people like you that are the reason why it's brought up.

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 917

Hey Sluzzy. c: How are you? Still chillin' and grillin'?

Also, nah the game is still pretty survivor sided.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    edited July 2022

The good news is this type of "feedback" is only part of what the devs will be looking at when making future decisions on balancing. Stats won't lie. At least in my games (where I do not run gen slowdown), survivors are surviving plenty. I admit if I chose to play unfairly less would survive but many killer players have empathy. I try to balance out the horror.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,334

Many on the DBD community are utterly incapable of having even an ember of empathy towards the other side, and automatically assume people are salty because their "crutch" was lost.

That is why they do it.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

I always believed that a lot of people got to escape thanks to the guy who had DH, not because they all had it. And also because most killers got obsessed with killing that survivor they found hard to catch and ignored the rest.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Oh, yes, a collab event and huge meta shake ups are signs of abandonment. Definitely.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

The stats will confirm it, not my individual experience.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Scotts not a killer main, he is some one that went through the usual process of being a killer main, burning out on the game, trying other games and then coming back to be basically play 90% survivor.

• Oscarnator
    Oscarnator Member Posts: 304

I love Scott but he mostly runs meme builds and trolls lol. He also has not been experiencing the huge increase in tunneling and camping which, while it does not make his opinion invalid, he also can’t experience being tunneled and camped at 5 gens for no reason almost every match.

And the only reason he doesn’t play killer is because of the queue times.

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337

Your whole shtick got stale years ago man. Aren't you a nurse main? There's a difference between satire and plain instigation.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

Where does it say that the low killrates were in conjunction with DH usage?

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Dudes just playing solo survivor like every one else. If he can run meme builds and have fun, so can you. What exactly am i missing?

• Brokenbones
    edited July 2022

Oh that wasn't my point

Sluzzy would always say that killer was OP etc when old DH was a thing

But the devs said killrates were too low before this patch, when old DH was a thing.

I wasn't saying low killrates were because of DH, but I do think DH plays a decent role in that given it's usage but it's not the full cause.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 678

i agree, some many changes feels a lot, personally, like a solo survivor and killer, for, i think, just nerfs on meta survivor build would be enought

• JibbyNeutron
    JibbyNeutron Member Posts: 208

Lets not blow it out of porpotion. The complaints came from a minor baby killer main echo chaimber

• TheDappaScrappa
    TheDappaScrappa Member Posts: 103

DH wasn't busted? Really? Is that why 90% of survivors used it? Because it wasn't a busted get out of jail free perk? It's hilarious how now since killers have a chance to be in the power role instead of the survivors the game is now "broken". It wasn't broken when there were infinites in the game, it wasn't broiken when survivors abused boil over before the nerf. Nah the game is only ever broken when all killers now stand a viable chance of winning.

• Brokenbones

It's not blowing it out of proportion

Dead Hard broke the game for most of the cast, especially m1 killers

It was so strong it was one of few perks that could help against Nurse and Blight

It doesn't take a killer main echo chamber to recognise a perk is busted, it's 70%+ use rate is proof people knew how insane it was. No other perk was used that often

• JibbyNeutron

testing? This is going to stay. you dont know bhvr long enough eh. The only time they actually did a test and reverted it was the Bloodlust removal weekend.

DH was strong in the strong hands of survivors. It was usend 80% of the matches, but how often did we see a really powerful, succesful and impactful DH play? I saw it once a week if I dont count myself. Yes, chasing a survivor like myself who is already super annoying to deal with and also had the DH in the pocket was in some circumstanced game losing for the Killer. BUT:

1) Why are Killers overcommiting on a survivor like myself who clearly is playing since 2016, preserves pallets, chains loops etc? Long before even DH was needed he should have left me alone

2) Im top 1%, most survivors are garbo with DH and make no use of it. They would have been running the Killer with sprint burst longer because even a moron can use Sprint Burst

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 847

Weird. As someone who plays soloq only when i play survivor I've been making it out half+ my games. I know I get stronger killers then you since you rage quit most of your matches. I wonder what the problem is?

• Brokenbones

I would frequently see 4 DH IWs in my killer games and would see at least 2/3 in my solo Q games since I never ran it

DH for distance is super easy to do and was what I saw it used for the most. There was no counterplay to it

It doesn't matter if ur top 0.1%, it takes less than 1k hours to know how to use DH properly. I've seen mediocre survivors extend chases they should've lost purely because of DH.

• TheDappaScrappa
    TheDappaScrappa Member Posts: 103

Some people are too unwilling to admit that DH carried them for years and now they realize they aren't as good as they though. I stopped using DH a litle over a year ago my looping got much better since I didn't have a satefy net perk, a lot of people still need that safety new which is why they are losing. With no DH they can't get away for free and they will never admit that to themselves

• Sluzzy

90% is really blowing it way out of proportion. It was a popular perk because, whether you admit it or not, it was the only perk that gave some slight utility in chase. 90% of other survivor perks are trash. DH was fun to use. Making a perk way less fun to use in a video game is not ideal, especially when no substitute was provided to help make up the difference.

Do you think a very small dash was OP against a Blight, Nurse, or Huntress (with 5 hatchets) was actually too strong? I don't think so. The mains of these killers never lose, we don't need to conveniently forget that.

Calling it a "get out of jail free" card is just a cheap way of saying you think survivors are not supposed to have anything useful or fun to use.

Killers have always been viable. Too overpowered now.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Sluzz, you've played since the start and if your previous posts are accurate you've been struggling with survivor for a very long time. Other survivors from the 2016 intake who are still playing do not get ######### on by every demo or wraith they go against. You can't balance a game around a single person who plays for 6+ years without any significant degree of improvement at anything other than nurse, and if your steam comments are anything to go by you even play her by stacking slowdowns and camping I know the occasional -rep is meaningless but you have like 80 pages of the same complaints about your killer playstyle - you even have recent ones where apparently you called survivors genrushers and malded at them for breaking your ruin

What do you want, if all this isn't just years of dedicated trolling? You don't even suggest anything specific apart from vague demands to nerf X or not nerf Y.

• TinoTheThortino
    TinoTheThortino Member Posts: 35

You don't need a brain to understand that balancing a game requires time and feedbacks, especially if you put so many new features into.. not the first time they have to deal with it and they're trying a new approach (if you started playing since 2016, you should have a good knowledge of patch history).

Aaaand... yeah, you're so strong and self-entitled man, congrats. Here's a cookie. 🍪

No one cares about how many survivors waste Dead Hard uselessly because that's the normality with all genre of perks and actions... most of the time, Dead Hard made killers lose so much more time without using more than 2 braincells.

As a main Killer I was fine with that, but I got many situations in which I loss even 40 seconds for a dash and I'm not the only one who said that.. even a noobie like some friends I recenty took on DBD understand that pressing a button and gain a good amount of time for your team It's extremely handy.

• JibbyNeutron

I saw that aswell very frequent like you described. Still most didnt use it correctly. A lot of bots were doing Dh for distance but were so focused to get to the pallet that they stop looking behind. They get to pallet, drop it and boom here I am at their side smacking them down. Yes, doesnt work against really good survivors. But you are capping hardcore if you want to tell me that majority of survivor population is that good. 80% were failing with DH.

You dont need a brain to understand that doing multiple balance decisions at once will be bad and its going to be hard to determin the main factor why a game became off balance. Was the DH nerf survivors were crutching on? The new meta slow down perks? The additonal 10 seconds? The general Perk nerfs? That tunneling and camping got stronger? Were are we going to start rebalancing? You cant. Its a failure patch. BHVR should have never done so many things at once

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

This patch is far from the devs turning their backs. This patch was proof how the devs cared for their game but were also desperate to get killers back into the game. The meta has been the same for years and many perks were so overused and boring. This shake up was needed and a sign of more big changes to come.

• zgameboy
    zgameboy Member Posts: 79

🤣 rethink that comment. If you do not balance a game based off of its best players and instead balance based off of casual you get a game not worth investing time into. The second you get skilled and get to high mmr (which probably doest apply to you) the game will be unbalanced and boring. If you balance the game for high levels it provides you with the ability to get better.

• Tactrix
    Tactrix Member Posts: 420

You made a huge mistake with the DH, because it wasn't broken for years, it was broken for a very short time once they made it so that you had endurance when it was used. Previous to that it wasn't broke at all, you could get a little bit of a boost away from the killer but if he managed to hit you, you would still go down. So BHVR themselves broke it, then they refused to admit it was broke, and then they "fixed it" this patch but instead they broke it again making it worthless. Because who the hell wants a perk that can take a hit but at the cost of being so slow that you're gonna get downed right afterward?

• Sluzzy

It is not that simple. What you are saying is that it should be balanced around the top percent of survivors without considering the skill level of the killer. DBD is asymmetrical so we can't balance that way because now the majority of survivors don't have a chance to win because it is balanced so "bad" killers automatically win or that they have a tremendous advantage by default.

This is not COD. It is an asymmetrical game. The killer isn't supposed to win every single game just because you've got a little experience.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,547

I was wondering who could use such an outrageous subject.

Oh.

Fair enough 😄

• Brokenbones
    edited July 2022

Pre-nerf DH was completely busted, it completely outclassed 80% of all perks in the game and was so versatile it was ran in 70% of survivor games.

Current DH I don't really know how to feel about it. Not planning on using it

They nerfed all the killer mainstay perks

Pop, Corrupt, Ruin, Pain Res, NOED, Tinkerer

The meta IS different now. Maybe not in the way you like, but it's certainly different and still developing.

As for survivor perks, the only three big nerfs were DH, DS and IW.

Self care was already bad, they made it worse for some reason

Spine chill's vault speed increase made no sense

Yeah granted DS's stun time being reduced to 3s is bad, that's a change I disagree with but disabled during endgame is completely fair

Both sides run perks to counter each other's tactics, this is not news to anybody - BHVR wanted to shake up the meta to make the game less stale overall. Yes people will camp and tunnel but they always have done. It's part of the killer experience whether we like it or not

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

But what do they want the kill rates to be? I can tell you from my experience I have seen way more survivors die than escape. If the new survivor experience is to be them dying more than they used to in a match then survivor mains probably aren't going to be too happy about that.