The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The meta is pretty much the same for killers after this patch

2»

Comments

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

....... Yeah, they said in the patch notes it was one sided. That's the point of it. The new regression perks and their counters are completely different than the old ones she survivors have been given new tools to counter them. I used to run repressed alliance to soft-counter Pop and that obviously ain't happening any more.

• Dunkinspunkin
    Dunkinspunkin Member Posts: 191

Jolt being big on k1 killers too. OP seems to think killers were never going to run slowdown perks again. That's silly. I for one love the flexibility I have between WHICH slowdowns I use, as well as chase and aura perks. Those things will always be necessary but my builds look more diverse than ever on both killer and survivor.

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 158

The killer has to go out of their way to kick a gen, which is time in which survivors can hide, heal, or do another gen. Slower killers like huntress and hag don't really have time to do this. Old Ruin, on the other hand, ran passively and did not have a trigger condition. It could be disabled, but that was time that the survivors had to cleanse it (double the time if Undying or other hexes were in play). This freed up a lot of time for killers to focus on chases. As it currently stands, Ruin is a minor nuisance at best, and it disables automatically anyway. The Overcharge + CoB combination is also largely nullified if the survivors know to touch the gen for a split second, which I've seen survivors do even in chase. If multiple survivors are on the same gen, even better: one person hides while the killer chases the other off; they kick the gen and either pursue or search the area. Whoever the killer does not find or focus on touches the gen to stop the regression, and at best the Overcharge skillcheck knocks some progress off.

Trust me, old Ruin + Undying was much more reliable and effective.