Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Midwitch hook spawns

Chekita
Chekita Member Posts: 184

I'm pretty sure this classifies as a bug, because I just had a match in Midwitch where there were simply no hooks to put survivors on pretty much the whole match (not because I wasn't seeing them thanks to boil over). The middle of the map was completely devoid of hooks, they were all at the corners of the map hallways and on the first floor. The middle, where you have a pallet and a jungle gym, there were none there, also, nothing at the middle of the hallways, which, if the team was good, I simply wouldn't be able to hook anyone getting downed there.

I had to slug everyone in order to get people close to some hooks, which is a tactic I don't like and sure is unfun for survivors to just keep slugged the whole match. I suggest you take a look at your hooks spawns there because it is certainly messed up.

13 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

They nerfed hook spawns for midwich making them very sketchy especially in the top corner next to the hidden double breakable wall stairwell

• whereismykebab
    whereismykebab Member Posts: 228

Yeah, I've had some corners that where survivors were unhookable due to the distance.

Not so much the direct distance but the distance accounting all the walls you need to walk around and I don't think the hook spawns account for the pathing distance

With the basement in the swamp pantry main building, the corner behind main is also unhookable which the survivors exploited by running there each time they wiggled free.

• Chekita
    Chekita Member Posts: 184

In my case it wasn't simply the distance per se, some places straight up didn't have any hooks, so you might say you had to go way up to another floor which is simply impossible even with agitation.

Today I saw a video featuring one of these RNG bugs from Otz that points out this flaw in their RNG for maps in midwitch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcgCEpvEp00

At the beginning of the video he points out this flaw in midwitch.

• Bunzmaster
    Bunzmaster Member Posts: 35

I've experienced this also. Lack of Hooks on this map is astounding

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,752

This has been a problem since several patches ago. It’s also not uncommon to see almost no hook spawns on the bottom floor making it impossible to hook survivors downstairs.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,097

I'm also noticing problems in Midwich much more often than I used to. In my case, it's been less the middle and more the halls. I'm almost always getting entire halls that have no hooks in them, and they're all in the middle or on the other floor.