What do survivors want to achieve, by DC'ing, afk'ing, giving up in matches?

Options

Comments

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 950
    Options

I only do it so I can move onto a funner next game, usually it's because of fellow survivors rather than the killer.

• Kweh
    Kweh Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2022
    Options

Then what is your point, you never stated a clear point? People rage more in games where some things feel out of control? People rage equally in games like chess/sports? Would people rage as much in other games? What is the point of pointing out someone throwing a chess board? What is the point of comparing people raging in a game or raging in a sport? What is the point of literally any of your comparisons if not what I've addressed?

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562
    Options

to play a match that doesnt last 2 hours.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options
  • Mediva
    Mediva Member Posts: 124
    edited July 2022
    Options

Pretty simple answer: all those things are the fastest way out of a game. They just want to leave the match. Usual reason? pretty clear that the match is already over when you see 5 gens still need to be done and 2 people on deathhook cause of tunneling with other two not having a hook. or something like that.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Dunkinspunkin
    Dunkinspunkin Member Posts: 191
    Options

That's just an excuse because "I'm a baby and I rage quit when I don't get my way" is too embarrassing to admit.

• Kosturko92
    Kosturko92 Member Posts: 136
    Options

This patch only proves that survivors were so baby sitted with winrate over 90%, now when it dropped to fair level of 50 - 60% win rate on survivors and 40% - 50% on killers, those babies quiting xD. Just introduce bots already and let them leave, we dont need them to have fun in game.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

I definitely don’t want us to continue the theory of this being intentional to inflate stats or protest. When the content creator who started this made his post, it was a little tongue in cheek and he prefaced it with “tinfoil hat on.”

The rest of the DBD community is now seeing what us solo’s who have been stuck in low to mid MMR hell have been complaining about for the past year. The ragequitting is just more widespread now.

I try to keep telling y’all a LOT of little kids play this game, and DBD being on Gamepass attracts a lot of casuals & children. Both do not have patience or a desire to put in effort. They have a sense of entitlement.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 434
    edited July 2022
    Options

Yeah I am. Don't wanna be the good guy if it means the fun of other players (who probably are having a miserable time already) is any more important than mine.

I'm not gonna stop playing the game because of the 4 killers out of 28 who completely ruin it. Thanks for the advice.

Telling me to not have fun is seriosuly absurd. I'm not taking away the right of the people who want to play those killers, they just have to not mind 3 or less player matches I guess. Maybe play something else if you don't wanna deal with that.

EDIT: Also I'm currently in Asian servers, you just gotta worry about the other thousands of people in your continent who prioritize their fun.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

This is ridiculous how many people justify or even encourage suiciding/dc, what's mods doing lol

• Davenport916
    Davenport916 Member Posts: 169
    Options

They're trying to bully the devs into reverting their changes. Classic toxic behavior. Cry like babies when they don't get what they want. Killers do it too but survivors are definitely the loudest.

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 391
    Options

Playing Nurse in half your matches and asking a question like that? You're pretty much using an exploit the devs refuse to remove from the game.

• Gladonos
    Gladonos Member Posts: 392
    Options

What are killers hoping to achieve when they give up and go into a corner? Are they trying to artifically lower the killrate so that they get buffed even more? I mean what the hell!!!

• Rescultir
    Rescultir Member Posts: 185
    Options

They want to mess with the data so killers can get a nurf quicker. They don't realize that by doing so they only make the changes take longer.

• jamally093
    jamally093 Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

Usually it's something like I don't like facing this killer,to many hooks not enough gens done,my teammates did something dumb even though I've done worse stuff like that

Killers giving up is well most of the time because they got one hook and 1 gen is left.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

But it still increased if you look at the stats from 2 weeks ago. You can´t claim, that the patch drove people away, when more people play now than before the patch.

• ashtonisfarout
    ashtonisfarout Member Posts: 101
    Options

Exactly what happened around 2017-18 when the game almost died. The devs listened and the game survived.

• Tsulan
    Options

You mean the Freddy release? Where everyone disconnected against him, that we ended up with the dc penalty system?

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Maybe hes saying dev could finally disable hook suicide feature, just maybe.

And finally can ban those who troll even after that.

• ashtonisfarout
    ashtonisfarout Member Posts: 101
    Options

It was right before I think, when killers were dcing over infinite and even highly reliable loops. It's where survivors learned that if you you ######### enough, quit playing the game, take your money elsewhere enough then things will change.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Most of the time I saw that it was because of survivors using flashlights, stuns and Dead Hard to try to bully the Killer. I see that far less now with the new patch.

• Tsulan
    Options

Sorry, i don´t understand what you´re trying to say. Are you in favor of ruining everyone elses games?

• Tsulan
    Options
  • Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    edited July 2022
    Options

Well, the killers tend to do so only against insane swf bully squad. If you're not a good nurse or blight, you just can't do much, the match feels hopeless.

I can understand that survivors feel the same when they're being camped.

But look what I wrote... Survivor dc and suicide on hook now without any reason! I'm not camping, I'm not tunneling, I'm actually losing a match, why would they dc? Why would they give up? Before this thread, I didn't even think about stuff like "they're increasing the numbers of killrates, so the killer will get nerfs"

I don't mind killer nerfs but only in fair reasons. Not coz they're cheating a system.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

I could see that if they all were afk-ing or hook suiciding, but so many do dc, and dcs leading to the game being discounted for data collection, how would that work, can you explain that please?

I personally dont dc, but i give up faster than usually at the moment, because you can see early on when a game is lost. But thats only part because of the (way overdone in my opinion) balance changes, but also on the fact that i run bond and can see my teammates hidding instead of doing gens, even if the killer is in a chase or nowhere near.

Lastly, i am tiered of tunneling and camping, which seems quite rampant (at least in my games). So if the firstr person is tunneled out, the killer won, i just run to him. He wants a boring game, he can have it.

However, i used to play about 6-10 games throughout the day, and now i barley play 2, because its just unfun and pointless if you dont have an swf. I spent too much time on this game the last few years, so i am not disconnected from it yet and try again and again, but at the moment i dont keep playing after a bad match, i go playing a different game.

• MadKiefer
    MadKiefer Member Posts: 5
    Options
  • Risky_Biscuit
    Risky_Biscuit Member Posts: 95
    Options

Been here since before Clown's release, but that's irrelevant. Acting like killers haven't had it rough for quite awhile is the embodiment of survivor entitlement.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options
  • SaltyNooty
    SaltyNooty Member Posts: 276
    Options

Causual "Just let killers get what they want post." Again, I'm not sure why I have to address this, but what exactly did you expect? Do you expect survivors to just take a match where they KNOW they wont be able to do anything, and I mean like even the most BASIC of things like Doing a gen, or healing?

If they cant do that, why bother playing the match normally? They wont get BP out of it, they wont pip out of it? So, do you expect them to just sit there and say. "Here's your kill, come chase me for it."

Pre-patch, everyone was pipping regardless of the outcome cause every match was decent. There was a chance to escape, there was a chance to die. Now it's more of a 20%/80% then a 55/45 or a 50/50. No point in playing or surviving against a match that'll result in you wasting your item, addon's, offering's and even bloodpoints, especially if you cant even get ONE gen done.

• DAMNFASTDEAD
    DAMNFASTDEAD Member Posts: 251
    Options

Hey.

Meal time. :-)

So recently I played like 6 matches as a killer (3 nurse, 2 hag and 1 sadako)... And from each of this match, I've had people DC, afk (giving up) after 3 gen pops. I suppouse soloq only. And I swear, it's getting so ridiculous.

That's your opinion.

In some of this matches, they were ragequitting and afking even when I was actually losing, and I'm not kidding.

Facing the wrong killer or being incompatible with your way of playing...

It was a match with hag, the match for me was awful, maybe the worst possible scenario (who playing hag, knows...) the only thing why I won this match, it's coz 1 guy just DC'd after I (somehow) downed him.

Perhaps it was boring...

What is happening with survivors?

They still try to have some fun.

What is the point of even getting into the match, if you know you're going to dc or ######### on hook?

Wrong question! You think too short.

Are they hoping to get a "baby killer" to go against? Are they protesting the changes that way? If so, I don't think it's a smart way.

They still try to have some fun.

I also looked up some Youtube vids to see how some survivors playing soloq, and they're mad. Don't get me wrong, they're mad on their teammates, ruining the game, killing themselves on hooks and denying to play.

The same cliché over and over again. It's a game. And in a game you can give up! Even rulebooks posted in forums do not change this fact! The words "game", "win", "lose", "give up" are inextricably linked, even in team games.

I looked up more, and I've seen more people just ragequitting in a 100% winnable match. The killer 100% will lose this match, and they still DC or K themselves on hooks...

And what's the problem there?!

Dear survivors, what is going on? What are you exactly want to achieve like this?

They still try to have some fun. Sorry. We're are all humans. We all have feelings. And in the end, we are all egoists.

Funny, isn't it?

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

Survivors know the Devs look at Kills and Escapes to make balancing decisions. By throwing matches or DCing (making it a 3v1) they can manipulate stats to reach their own goals.

• zdw01
    zdw01 Member Posts: 17
    Options

Me being a solo q player I don't dc or die on hookup or give up because the other players do that literally after going down even though we just finish a gen. I played 3 games today 2 as survivor and players just give up making others die on hook because they cba to sit through this garbage. I used my bloodpoint offerings and items only to die and waste them because of these kinds of potatoes. They need to give a punishment for doing killing urself on hook when there are still 3 people left its the first down and its only been 2 minutes since the game has started.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    Options

I agree, thats what I'm saying. They think that if they're not having fun, everyone have to feel the same. Such an egoistic way of thinking...

I hope for more punishment for such behaviour.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

You cannot force players to stay in a match they no longer want to participate in. Dbd is no different than other online games.

• Audiophile
    Audiophile Member Posts: 319
    Options

Some of you need to improve your logic skills.

If the player count DID go up that does not mean that the update was a success, unless the devs definition of success was “increase player count immediately after update” which would be a stupid goal. Lol. Clearly there are people who want to see how the game plays now and judging by the long killer Q times, many more players are happy with killer since the update.

My definition of whether the update was a success: Is the game more enjoyable for both killers and survivors or did it add some functionality but not make things worse. This update was a failure at the moment. If they make some adjustments in the near future maybe it’s salvageable.

• Audiophile
    Audiophile Member Posts: 319
    Options

Increased punishment is not the answer. I’m guessing you haven’t played enough to realize how ridiculously unfair it is to have to bleed out because the killer feels like being toxic and slugging everyone to death. Or to have a survivor work with the killer at endgame because the killer wants his precious 4k and your teammate is garbage. Or to waste 10-15 minutes in a hopeless game vs a nurse or blight, or Pinhead with the meta build, or the other perfect build killer games. There are currently so many situations that are painfully, oppressively, unwinnable because this game is so imbalanced against solo q. And every time I’m in one of these situations I think the same thing: “Yeah… unsportsmanlike to DC but it’s fine for killers to make me bleed out from full health when I did nothing toxic. Totally fair.” The unspoken secret about this game is that it’s all about making sure killers are happy because they usually don’t have enough. Well they have plenty now.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

A false sense of license when not getting one's own way.

What does a child hope to achieve when threatening to take their ball and go home thus ruining the game for everyone?

• KFChris18
    KFChris18 Member Posts: 109
    Options

Honestly, I don't think those kinds of folks are looking to achieve anything really. Ragequitting/ giving up isn't a logical decision, its an emotional one. Which brings up what I think is the real reason why people aren't liking the new patch. Its not because its a bad patch, far from it imo. Both sides got things they were asking for (DH nerf, BT basekit, new anti-tunnel methods, baseline killer buffs). I think the problem is people's attitudes, particularly certain survivors. Survivor meta for better or worse has remained unchanged for years. In that time the only thing that changed is having new, strong perks introduced with very few and far between nerfs. As a result, people got complacent with their tools and are now struggling to adjust. Lots of people, killers and survivors alike, are now realizing just how much they relied on certain perks to succeed in games. Now they are being forced to learn new tactics and run different builds. The issue is many of them dont want to try and learn new tactics. The patch was meant to shake up a stagnant meta and it most certainty did. Folks just need to deal with it.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 445
    Options

They alter the data making it seem like killer is op when they aren't dominant or having easy mode anymore. By doing this they hope the devs will make the game more survivor sided again instead of balanced.

• zdw01
    zdw01 Member Posts: 17
    Options

its not that, its the fact that players dc like less than 2 minutes in when one gen is completed after being hit or downed. Its not fun when you have a player who does this one because it swings the game to the killers favor by dcing especially that early into a game. It is also ridiculouswhen i bring a blood point add on and ultra rare items with addons only to have someone do this and than the chance to survive and keep it is so slim.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

None of what you listed is cause to DC.

Bleeding out has a timer, if you are the only one on the ground then you may get picked up, stay in game if not then crawl for hatch if you can its thematic and timed so it'll end.

Killer choice and build doesn't justify a DC.

Survivors working with killers is reportable and you should do so but again unless you are sure of it and not just making excuses it still not a reason to DC.

I'm afraid the DC penalty exists to dissuade the very behaviour you are describing... which is "I'm not getting what I want from this game so I'll rage quit"

Balance has nothing to do with it, builds have nothing to do with, even bleeding out has nothing to do with it. The bleed out timer is 4mins and you get gameplay plus BP's, the DC penalty is 5mins at its lowest and comes with no gameplay and no BP's so the "it wastes my time" argument is largely just BS.

You don't have to have played for a long time to not be a sore loser whom quits games, which I'm sorry to say really is all this is.

• Zexbunny
    Zexbunny Member Posts: 209
    Options

If it's a thana legion or plague, I just want to go to the next match. They can enjoy their super easy 3v1 game and head back to the lobby simulator faster, and in the meantime I can move on to the next match and have a much better time. My survivor queues are instant so it's more bp, more fun, and I don't have to play mend simulator.

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374
    Options

Survivors aren't DCing and Suiciding on hook.

This patch is perfect and only a horribly killer-sided patch would cause issues such as what you are talking about.

• 6659Leg
    6659Leg Member Posts: 102
    Options

Honestly? It's all just a temper tantrum. Especially since some bully squads can't function due to the power rule becoming killers for once. Now they run on killer and use the best of the best and make sure to be toxic about it. At least,that's what I've come to notice.

TLDR: Survivor bullies turned into killer bullies

• Cleverotter
    Cleverotter Member Posts: 128
    Options
  • Cleverotter
    Options

Some survivor mains THINK it’s very killer sided. That’s why.

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 361
    Options

They receive the chance at a better match because they'll instantly find another. There's no point in staying in a pointless game with bad teammates or an obnoxious killer build that shouldn't exist.

• Cleverotter
    Options

We aren’t talking about facecamping.

as a killer main ######### them.

we are talking about survivors that are clearly winning, but killers themselves to inflate kill rates. At 4 gens survivor isn’t winning