How would you fix trapper?

2»

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

He is kinda too swingy to fix tbh, it's either physically impossible game or winning with no pressure.

• Coffe_e
    Coffe_e Member Posts: 60

I actually made a post in Feedback/Suggestions about how I'd buff trapper.

In terms of addons basekit, Probably Trapper Gloves and Makeshift Wrap. The ladder seems like something he'd always bring to trials.

As for changes/reworks not involving addons? Make trap-disarming a single, slightly smaller Skillcheck without a great zone. If the Survivor fails the skillcheck, or gets interrupted by any means, they become trapped. This makes disarming traps committal, so survivors cannot just constantly try to disarm traps when you chase them off of it. The skillcheck would also have great synergy with Unnerving Presence, his own perk.

In exchange though, i'd be totally up for if the basement couldn't be trapped just to make sure basement trapper doesn't suddenly spike in power.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Honestly i think with the latest global buff trapper really isn't that weak anymore

I'm not sure if he still needs help

• Coffe_e
    Coffe_e Member Posts: 60

That's fair, but I feel he's still in the same spot relative to the cast since EVERYONE got those changes y'know? He'll still be on the low end, able to be messed with easily compared to someone like Billy or Wraith.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

While everybody had those changes i think trapper benifited the most of anyone of them

I don't think he's high tier or something but he definitivelly isn't in the same spot relative to the rest of the cast

His setup time was always his biggest downfall and he has more time now

And while almost every killer struggled with dead hard none of them had their power turned against them like i framing through traps did

Even some of the nerfs like corrupt barelly affected him