Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Box Chains

whereismykebab
whereismykebab Member Posts: 228

For the love of all that's holy, please make the chains have no collision as soon as you start solving it. So many innocent lives lost because the killer had half a minute to find the pour soul who tried to start solving the box for the fiftyeth time and being interrupted by chains.

Pretty please

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580

In case they won't address that (because that could be intended): don't solve the cube too early. There are clusters of chains - 3 or 4 chains one by one. Those clusters work as a whole - like if there are only two survs alive and your teammate were downed that very time first chain appeared - then you will suffer the whole cluster even tho you are the only one standing. Only after the whole cluster ends you will be free with no chains.

Same with the box. If you are too early, the cluster is still going and your attempt to solve the cube can't break it, it can only prevent new cluster.

Every time chain catchs you the cluster starts over. So you have to dodge/avoid the whole cluster and then there is time window long enough to start the cube. So dodge, count and then solve in right time. Otherwise yeah, chains give you no opportunity.

I read this in one of other posts and as far as I know (tried it myself but only couple times) it works.

• whereismykebab
    whereismykebab Member Posts: 228

Yeah, it's whenever the chains break on the environment, more appear, but one teammate not knowing it, or heck knowing it but still losing time to "reset" can kill the whole team.

I don't believe it's intended, as it was supposedly fixed in previous patches, but it's still very much a thing. Same like pallet validations (which was miserable for killer as it showed a successful hit) but now I'm sometimes getting hit after the killer stun.

• SlowLoris
    SlowLoris Member Posts: 288

Yeah, they tried to "fix" this I think the patch that Artist came out, but it still doesn't work properly. @hastarkis tip is very helpful and works A LOT, but sometimes it doesn't make a difference. Not only that, but I'm fairly certain his addon "Impaling Wire" (notice almost EVERYONE uses it) is bugged. Even if you don't break chains on the environment, but they touch the environment, it will still spawn replacements, or if chain hunt happens, and you go around a corner as one hits you, then it gets broke on like the corner of shack, it will literally spawn 3-6 chains on you. It's basically a free down if it happens. At some point, I'd like to do some testing on this to see exactly what situations cause this, but it's extremely frustrating. Having 6 chains pop up out of nowhere is miserable. Even if only ONE chain is broke on the environment, not the other 2, it will still spawn 3 more chains to make up for the one being broken...it's so frustrating. If I'm not mistaken, isn't it supposed to be 1 for 1? If I broke all 3 on the environment, 3 more would spawn? Not one gets broken, all 3 spawn? This is really MOSTLY annoying when I don't actually break them on the environment, they just touch it, and it counts it as that, then I'm swarmed by chains.