The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Tunneling and Camping

2Β»

Comments

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Sadly Otr became a must in my builds.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,405

I've only been playing a cpl years but my experience is the same, and I've said before that I think it's region related. Seeing the number of complaints though across the board, I believe it's a real issue that BHVR need to look into. Just like I've never used DH or tbagged killers, the amount of complaints I'd see pre-patch was enough for me to know they frustrated killer gameplay.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Out of 5 games played tonight, 2 campers/tunnelers and 3 genuinely good players.

Only survived once on a Bubba's mercy (what a world we live in that Bubba has more heart than other killers!).

As a surprising note, one of the campers/tunnelers was truly lovely in postgame chat.

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

I play survivor and killer equally. Like I said, I don't always see killers tunnel or face camp. Sorry you do. But there's really nothing you can do about it.

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

Sorry it's been happening to you. Like I said, not to me. πŸ™„

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851

Curious- what did the folks you know say when you asked them? Did it cause a debate or any tension? Did they criticize you for doing it?

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

But there's also a correlation between DLC characters and invested players, mostly with a lot of hours and skill. Why would they mostly play the first 5 characters as opposed to the ones they bought? I know it's a reach, but it's less of one considering what you're showing/telling us.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,613

10 seconds added to generators won't change anything, plus add the fact that slowdown perks were generally nerfed into the ground (yes, they buffed overcharge and thanato, but the 1st one is pretty much useless aganist people who are able to hit great skillchecks and thanato well, only 2 killers will fully benefit from that perk: legion and plague.) and maps are still horrible and too much rng (good luck to win a chase aganist decent survivors with the trickster in a corn map like fractured cowshed for example). even with the slightly basekit buffs that killers got things didn't changed much.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,266

Tunneling has indeed increased or at least it feels like it. I have tunneling and camping nurses at 4-5 gens which is silly.

I hate playing like that since its boring and i only tunnel when im noticing that im losing, but hey each to their own...i just dont find it entertaining and it doesnt challenge me as a killer when i just easily tunnel the injured person always out.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,613

To being douchebags? I strongly doubt it. To win? Probably. it's like complaining about survivors that went to finish generators almost finished when the killer is chasing someone near that position, the concept is the same: both killers and survivors can "tunnel" their main goal. is it annoying/unfun? hell yeah you can bet it. is it allowed? yes. So if you must complain about this then you should propose changes also for the other side imo, otherwise your logic could be called double standard

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I don't know why others are camping/tunneling, but here are my reasons.

Camping:

1. With the increased time it takes to complete Generators, Survivors get bored even quicker now and end up rushing the Hook. Why should I leave?
    2. 3-Genning is even stronger now with the 90 second Generators, why shouldn't I force one early?

Tunneling:

1. With the general Killer chase buffs, Survivors are scared to loop the Killer (especially now that Dead Hard isn't a free chase extender anymore) and take aggro, resulting in unsafe saves in the vicinity of the Killer (thanks to the base-kit BT) and then leaving the unhooked Survivor to die.
    2. With Generators now being slower and general chase buffs, tunneling even a good Survivor is now easily achievable. Tunneling the weak link of the team (which is the smartest play you could make as a Killer) is now brain-dead easy and efficient
  • ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

Didn't you know 3-genning is classed as being toxic, i tried to explain to someone on another discussion that if survivors end up 3 genning and i have a survivor hooked in the middle i have no reason to leave the gens or the hook or if i play hag and set up for a 3 gen and it works out and same thing i hook a survivor in the middle i have no reason once again to leave the 3 gen, I got told playing like that is toxic and which is why camping is such a problem because of killers 3 genning and not wanting to chase a survivor across the other side of the map.

No idea the logic behind thinking like that because if the survivors 3 gen that is there own fault, if a killer gets the 3 gen they set up they earned that 3 gen.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

Just got tunneled out by a demo yay very funπŸ˜’

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

Only Ghost face is allowed to send pictures how dare demo take that away from him πŸ˜‚

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    edited July 2022

The demogorgon players I have been playing against recently are fake demo players

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited July 2022

I think there's plenty of factors that could've caused the increase in camping. MMR is one. I think how often this game gets new players, both survivor and killer, severely attributed to an overall drop in skill level as a whole in this game. I think that's why SWF is often so strong, because competent players play together and competent killers play less campy, maybe not always less tunnely. Plus I think people severely underestimate how toxicity causes people to become toxic themselves, and toxicity has never been something this game has not been. Hard to change a mentality so many people have.

I also think that a lot of people who say it happens every single game are overexaggerating and lying. You're probably far more likely to be done in by incompetent teammates. Sometimes there's a scenario where you go "Yeah, I would've done it in that situation too" or you might blame your teammate for becoming the immersed man, but.. it's just easier to blame the killer for not totally ignoring you.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Dunno about camping, but sweaty tunneling full slowdown killers are almost every game lately.

Its like 4 slowdown meta killers will 3 hooks someone no matter what since they can get away with it much easier than ever before.