Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Basekit deliverance idea

NovaliumTS
NovaliumTS Member Posts: 162
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I dont know how most people would think about this but i think a basekit "deliverance" would be healthy for the game

How it would work is if a survivor reaches second stage, from being from the hooked once, the survivor can get themselves off hook and gain the endurance/haste status effect for 15 seconds and a 30 second broken status effect, If 2 survivors are dead then this would then deactivate for the remainder of the trial.

This would just make it easier on those survivors that just get left to die on hook or even just giving a chance for the survivor to escape being camped.

In continuation i would also change deliverance to be survivors who unhook themselves get 20 seconds of unstackable endurance and haste and can unhook themselves on any hook state (one time use) and also finally make it useable if your the final survivor left however it will only grant 5 seconds of endurance in this case.

So what do you guys think, any thoughts or feedback would be great :)

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• S4ShadowWolf
    S4ShadowWolf Member Posts: 92

I can understand why you think this would be a good chance, and after seeing 2 survivors reach stage 2 yesterday on RPD, I get it too.

But, at the end of the day, its survivors jobs to rescue from the hook. Against a nurse, blight of spirit, I understand that being able to get off before stage 2 might be needed. But against weaker killers like trapper, clown, pig and Freddy for example, hooks provide pressure, getting survivors off gens.

If you took away that pressure of going to stage 2, survivors wouldn't leave the gens to save and the hooked survivors would just deliverance for free.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170
    edited August 2022

Deliverance doesn't work if the killer knows you have it

You'd just increase camping because the killer knows the survivor is going to get off hook by their own

And Deliverance is a way too strong effect to be put in the basekit@S4ShadowWolf

Post edited by Lycidas on
  • fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Yeah, replacing base kobeing with this would be decent idea.

• S4ShadowWolf

Did you even read my post? I just said it wouldn't be a good idea.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170
    edited August 2022

Wait what? I removed your tag before posting the comment, I was going to tag you to say something like "Just like S4ShadowWolf said, needing to unhook a survivor generates pressure" or something like that but then removed it, #########?

• S4ShadowWolf

@Lycidas Yeah I'm not surprised, this forum seems to have some weird issues.

But back to the post, and as Lycidas agrees, hooks generate pressure to get survivors off of gens.

I understand the idea though. My first ever match of survivor I got left in the basement on Haddonfield first hook to death. But deliverance basekit isn't it.

I still stand behind basekit kindred and I say that as someone who plays killer 99% of the time. Getting left on hook to reach stage 2 because I'm not great at survivor doesn't exactly give me much practice.