Removing offerings from bloodwebs to improve grind for addons

CaulDrohn
CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,594
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hello dear ppl of the fog,

while the new prestige system makes it way more easier to max out perks esp. for veteran players (it saved me grinding 700 mio BP!), many claim rightfully than the new system makes it harder to grind for addons. BHVR acknowledged that as well and have done some changes to increase the rarity after prestiging with the last hotfix (at least they claimed so).

While increasing the raritys might give us one or two more higher nodes, that nodes might still be used by non-addon stuff. Esp the green nodes are crammed with level offerings, which makes it difficult to get the desired green addons. It's a long lasting issue for killers that it's easier to get the right purple addons than green ones.

So I thought, what if offerings would no longer spawn in bloodwebs? With such a change, bloodwebs would only consist of perks, items (survivor only) and addons. So when you grind for your killer addons, you would be guaranteed to get your addons of a desired rarity!

The offerings a player already has would stay in their respective inventory. Additionaly, you would be able to buy an offering on demand for the same BPs as in the current bloodwebs, so 3k-7k depending on rarity. This would e.g. allow you to buy BPS whenever you like, instead of having to grind through webs for it. That would help the grind as well. I for myself am very reluctant to use one of my few BPS when playing survivor, just bc it could be wasted when I'm getting camped/tunneled. If I could buy a new BPS whenever I want, I wouldn't have to keep them.

Of course, having BPS available 24-7 might destroy the "BP economy", so a cooldown / daily limit could be added to the "offering shop". Might also make sense for level offerings.

An alternate solution to a shop could be a separate bloodweb just for offerings. But I would like a shop-like system more.

So what do you think, woudl you like such a change or not?

P.s.: This should be my 1000th post, HURRAY :D

Edit: Apparently the counter goes up two when creating a thread, so it's 1001. I'm a little sad now ^^''.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

If they get rid of map offerings, I'd be all for the shop idea. I'd love to buy BP offerings all day.

If map offerings were left in, people would buy stacks of the maps they play the best on, and we'd get flooded with repeat maps. Moreso than we already do with the "random" map picker. Loads of survivors running The Game and RPD, killers dividing up between Grave of Glendale and Midwich.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I alost never use offerings, especially luck-related offerings and map offerings.

I'd gladly see them gone from my blodwebs.

I'd even let go of maps and keys as well ! Make some space.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

You'd be able to buy the Sacrificial Ward (I think that's the name) to counter the Map Offerings

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Tons of people have suggested removing useless items/offerings that nobody wants from the blood webs. These suggestions have been made on the forums for years. BHVR said they “heard us loud and clear” and implemented a grind reduction solution so that they could say they were addressing the community concerns, but ignored most of the community-suggested solutions and implemented their own solution instead.

You can debate whether their solution is better, but for many players (including myself) it really wasn’t, especially after bonus BP for BBQ and WGLF were taken away.

• CaulDrohn

Yeah, map offerings could be problematic. Thats why I mentioned them together with a cooldown / purchase limit. Or, we could just have variable offering prices based on demand. The more an offering is bought, the more expensive it gets. So it will limit itself.

• CaulDrohn

I like to take BP offerings with me, even the brown ones. But thats more out of habit and bc I have them to spent. Would gladly live without them ^^.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

They're refund coupons without fixed amounts, essentially. You already spent 3k? you can get anywhere from 0-4k (iirc?, havent done the math in a while esp with the cap change) in exchange for taking a chance on having a good game and wasting the offering spot. Its lootbox/gatcha fodder that gives you a chance of paying itself off at all, let alone granting an actual bonus. Just extremely poor design in every way.

• CaulDrohn

Don't forget about that basement offerings xD.

I can see the reason for hatch offerings, but never use them myself. Equipping them together with a key (moste senseful thing to do, since the killer will close it before you like 95% of the time) might just get you camped. I used both for getting a challenge done some months ago, and the killer really camped the closed hatch (one of the gates was there as well). I was to near to get to the other gate, that was so sad ^^.

• CaulDrohn

Sure, but know after the prestige rework devs have acknowledged it's an issue. So maybe they would go a step further, who knows.

I don't want the offerings removed, just bc I'm certain BHVR won't do that. Thats why I thought of another way to get them (aka a shop). If that was already suggested somewhere, I didn't know, sorry. For me it felt genuine enough to warant a thread about it :-/

• CaulDrohn

But at least I get SOME return with them. Other (common) offerings are even more useless (luck, basement, fog). Sure it would be better to not have to buy them at all. But if I have to buy some of the lesser offerings, I pick BP ^^.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Ideas like a shop or being able to "sellback" unwanted items/addons/offerings/etc is an idea that has been floated multiple times, mostly because they're good ideas. Unfortunately there is a very intentional degree to a lot of how the grind is handled in the game, as it is multiple retention tactics combined into one. Simply put they would be hurting player retention by actually making it more fair for the consumer, so it becomes a shell game to make the issues hurt less. The other way of handling it would be to create healthier player retention methods, but until that day comes there will always be ample grease in the bloodweb system.

• MadEyePopo
    MadEyePopo Member Posts: 138

@CaulDrohn you have brought forward an excellent idea and very well though out as well.

This would be an amazing improvement to the game.