Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Wesker Has Built In Lightborn

SlowLoris
SlowLoris Member Posts: 288
edited December 2022 in Bug Reporting

I'm not sure if this is intended, or a bug.

I hope it's not intended, because Flashlights are already the weakest item in the game, and require skill to be of any real use.

During Weskers charged/grab he has built in Lightborn. It is impossible to get a flash light or flash bang save with this, and it won't even start blinding until the animation is completely over.

Not only this, but when vaulting pallets, he can only be blinded in one direction. If the killer looks straight down while vaulting, but who would do that? The fact that he can be blinded looking down, but not up makes me think this is not intended.

I very much hope that built in Lightborn during grab is not intended, but at the very least if it is, can we please consider only allowing the "grab" at the end of charge if a survivor is fully infected? It seems silly that a killer can get a free perk. As I said in my feedback thread, a killer shouldn't be able to completely nullify a survivors item without a perk. Even Plague allows the use of medkits if the survivor cleanses, and is M1'd or hit with Corrupt Purge.

Please reconsider this. Going for hard flash light saves or flash bang saves are one of the few skillful things left to master / have fun with.

Post edited by Mandy on
11 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• TheEmeraldTuber
    TheEmeraldTuber Member Posts: 41

He has sunglasses ;)

• SlowLoris

Pyramid Head literally wears a Metal Geometry box, he does not have Lightborn

• Spykitty358
    Spykitty358 Member Posts: 51

if it's used during his power I'm not sure if that's intentional or a bug, I'm usually pretty good at avoiding blinds even when using my power so I'm not 100% sure if I've experienced built in lightborn, but i have been blinded as Wesker before. But i think I'll run lightborn on him just to be lore accurate since in RE5 you have to knock off his shades in order to flash bang him.

I think it might just be a bug

• SlowLoris

lol.

I hope it's a bug, but yeah, we tested it many different ways, and he definitely cannot be blinded until he fully finishes the slam/grab...which at that point, he can look away.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

I hope it gets changed, its unlikely to get a blind anyways but if you can get the timing you deserve to be rewarded for it

• SlowLoris

I 100% agree. We tried for about an hour and were unsuccessful with Flash Bangs or Beamers. I saw a clip on Twitter of someone getting a FB save, but I'm almost positive the killer just didn't look away fast enough, because it was a public match. If this is intended, please don't allow him to grab for EVERY SINGLE hit that makes contact with a wall. Perhaps only if fully infected? That's a reward for him using his power well.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

The grab and carry is unavoidable, if it was blindable, people could literally just get themselves in that situation on purpose.

• SlowLoris

yes, people would intentionally get grabbed for a MUCH HARDER flash light / flash bang save? I would much rather him only grab if the survivor is fully infected, and sure give them free lightborn if that's the case. The problem is it is already EXTREMELY hard to even be in a position for this, and he is not saveable. He has an animation just like other killers do when picking up the "grabbed" survivor, but you cannot blind during this like you can during a killers pick up animation.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,042

I think this is intentional, like dredge grabing someone in a locker, he also cannot be blinded

• SlowLoris

He actually can be. He can be flash bang saved and a duo beamer timed correctly can save someone. Also, he doesn't grab people from lockers OFTEN. Whereas Wesker downs people using his power most of the time. Almost every time he downs someone he picks them up automatically with his power, so he always has it.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

It makes sense he can't be blinded with his special grab it would completely punish him for getting a down with his power. You can bait him at a pallet for a pallet save though.

• SlowLoris

As I said, I can agree with that, but it doesn't make it fair that he has built in light born. Perhaps letting him have the light born as he slams someone into the wall, but he quickly drops them and has the option to pick up, the same as a killer would have their basic attack cool down after a hit. He would only "GRAB" with Lightborn if full infection.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233
    edited August 2022

That would be fair, but I'd wait until he reaches live before nerfing a small benefit that helps him save some time in-between chases on a killer that was looking weak on ptb.