3 Gen Spawns On Certain Maps

Options

Maps should never spawn 3 gens this close to each other. Killer was Wraith with Dragon's Grip, Overcharge, Call of Brine. He never left this area the entire match, just kicked gens with Shadow Dance and All Seeing. ######### are we supposed to do with this? These were all tucked into a corner of Sanctum of Wrath, so we couldn't even try to split on opposite sides and kite away. Not to mention, Dragon's Grip and Overcharge would instantly regress any progress made anyway.

Layouts like this only promote 40 minute stalemates where neither side has an incentive to progress the match.

Comments

• TarunCosmo
    TarunCosmo Member Posts: 181
    Options

Yup

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 950
    Options

I feel it's gotten worse since this patch with the meta shake up, Haddonfield has a really bad one too.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,307
    Options

Oh yea you're right. I think there are a couple bad ones that can spawn there. Usually 1 inside a house, 1 just outside the same house along an exterior wall, and 1 nearby in a complete dead zone corner.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

These 3 gen spots have always existed there is just more time for the killer to chase and have them left to defend. Unless it's an insane 4 gen against nurse/blight there is no excuse to not break up these gens and I always personally do so if my team isn't.

• BubbleBuster
    BubbleBuster Member Posts: 387
    Options

someone has never played on haddonfield were 4 gens can spawn inside and around the main building as either killer or survivor.

1 spawns outside, 1 spawns inside, 1 spawns behind it and one spawns to the right of it

this is literally unlosable if the killer has 1 braincell dedicated to seeing this stuff. you literally ignore the entire map except these 20 square meters

you get a few chases early and a few hooks and then you play 20 minutes playing hit and run until someone messes up and walks into the zone of death injured, you down them hook them and now you can camp while pressureing the last 4 gens

ofc 3 gen scenarios have always existed, but they were almost never this obnocious to deal with.

You could destroy them early game and late game you could give the killer a few hook states in order to still repair them since the gens were far enough apart. If you did poorly early then the 3 gen would kill you, now you can do well as survivor early game and just lose because 4 gens spawned within 20 meters of each other

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    edited August 2022
    Options

Since the new RNG (testing) the spawns are an utter disaster for both sides.

Yes, three gen spot have always existed, but they didn't pop up every (other) game before. (like, even if you consistently went to lery's, the three gens in the same corner was a rare sight, now it happened six times out of 10 matches on lerys)

It's like the generation outright disregards that there's more than 4 possible tiles to put stuff on.

I had it on Coldwind that in addition to the by now infamous 3-4 hooks next to each other (not in the basement of course) 6 gens spawned on adjacent tiles... the only odd one out where the set one on the house. Same with totems. I need to do at some point go in with a 5 totems build (haunted + 3) to see just where the totems spawn. Not to mention the totem spawn right next to a hook. like... what?

Also: the 'new' random gyms and walls are just.... why...

If not for EA, Blizzard and Rockstar, BHVR would prolly be the game company with the biggest disdain for their playerbase.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

Gen spawns and hook spawns are still awful in DbD. One of the biggest RNG elements in the game on every map.

Sometimes gens can spawn too close together and the killer gets a really strong 3 or 4 gen. Sometimes the gens spawn spread out and the killer doesn't have a very good opportunity to defend gens at all.

Sometimes in certain sections of maps the killer downs someone they only have 1 hook they can possibly carry a downed survivor to. Destroying 1 hook can create massive dead zones. On multi-floor maps like the Game or RPD it can happen where there is no hook at all the killer can carry a survivor to, even with Agitation. Sometimes (especially on Coldwind recently) the killer gets a close easily campable group of hooks. Scourge hook exacerbates this RNG; sometimes the killer gets no Scourge hooks at all in a game and in others every hook is a Scourge Hook.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,156
    Options

Yeah it's horrible at this point killers hard tunnel or defend 3 gen area with all slow downs I think I need break from survivor. As it is now worser than killer ever was. I would rather take seal team super swf agains't me right now as killer than I would play survivor.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Some other horrible gen spawns include.

Haddonfield: A gen can spawn directly to the left of the front door in the main building, while having another gen right in front of the porch. As well as two gens directly to the left and right of the main building. Killers can just patrol the main building and win the game for free.

Backwater swamp: Two gens can spawn directly on top of the pier, while also having 2 gens right next to the shack. Again a killer can just patrol the shack/Pier and win for free.

I actually just played a game today against a huntress who attempted to 3-4 gen us on backwater at the pier/shack. Luckily the solo players I was placed with noticed and we spent half the game trying to do just one gen in her overcharge rotation. She basically gave up the instant we broke up her 3 gen, despite us needing to do 2 more gens.

While I think regression stacking is a problem, I think the accessibility of strong 3 gens is just as much of a problem.