My nearly 2 years DBD experience

friendlyant1
friendlyant1 Member Posts: 57
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

My first game was Feb of last year.

For the first year or so, I'd either play solo (which was painful) or killer (which was a bit lonely). I quickly gathered some friends to play with who also found the game fun. For a few months, it was great. We'd SWF together, play in customs and even at times play with solos (2 or 3 together).

Slowly, one by one, they'd lose interest in the game for various reasons.

Flash-forward to today, none of these people play dbd anymore. I have been playing as solo survivor for a few months now alongside killer.

I genuinely love the game. In my nearly 2 years of DBD, I have over 1700 hours at this point. However, here are a few things that the game has gotten really worse at:

• #1 has to be tunneling. No one enjoys tunneling. Forget that it's a 'viable' strategy or wtv, at the end of the day, no one likes to queue up for a game, only to be tunnelled out of the game in the first 2-3 minutes. This is not fun. Tunneling is not rare. It's not a "once every few games" thing. It happens often enough for people to lose interest in the game.

• #2 camping. Certain killers are much better at it than others. In a SWF, you can communicate to try and overcome it together. In a solo q, it's a losing game.

• #3 gens are boring. I'm not sure what dbd can change to make this more engaging, but pressing the same button for (now) 80 seconds per gen, is not fun nor engaging. But it is ultimately needed since it is the only way to escape.

I'll make a few comments about playing killer. Playing killer is tough. It is lonely, it is very challenging and nothing hurts more than doing your best and seeing 4 survivors tea bagging you as they escape the gate. The recent update, didn't really improve much. DH got nerfed, which was good, but good survivors don't need exhaustion perks. If you suck at playing a certain killer, you'll suffer regardless. I personally don't like to tunnel or camp because it's not fun. I don't find it challenging or engaging to go after the weak-link that just got unhooked. However, I have tried tunneling and camping before and I can see how it makes the game so much easier for me.